Mercedes 608d vintage bus

10k IS a lot, But -
IF it’s truly had a complete Engine rebuild (& used for a few thousand mile since )
Full MOT & Body Work is in Good nik Then it’s certainly worth 8k or there abouts as a project in my opinion,

I like the Old Mercs.

You're right mr brown, think they're 'avin a a bit of a larf.

I know this sort of vehicle has some desirability, but that's a bit eye watering.

On the other hand if it was well on the way to being sorted internally - and it would have to be a proper job at that, mind, not some amateurish mucking about on the cheap - then maybe you could justify getting somewhere near.

Lovely looking vehicles, but this one seems to have lacked proper ongoing maintenance. Checking the mot history shows it has failed every mot since 2011 and has had to have lots of repairs to get through.
Of course, it may be perfect now, but I would be reluctant to spend anywhere near £5000 for it, never mind the asking price.

Worth £2-3000 max. Just somebody attempting to recoup large overexpenditure on mechanical
repairs, probably now realised how much it's going to cost to get the body welded to a state
where it's worthwhile painting it. Because I'll guarantee that body will be absolutely riddled with rust.

I note that the ad says ‘not reported stolen’
Must be the only thing in Easton that isn’t
;)

I note that the ad says ‘not reported stolen’
Must be the only thing in Easton that isn’t
;)

Lol lol lol
I can remember Parking up for the night Many Years ag in the Car Park by what use to be Bristol City Or Rovers Football Ground, As I was going To meet friends & go To the Greyhound Race evening the Following night,
I don’t think I slept a wink that night, The following night after the Dog event was as worse !. I then moved to Hartcliffe (Red Hart car park) as I was going to Dundry hills the following day & Guess What ‘Not a Blinking Wink’ oh I Really DONT like staying in Cities.

Anyway I have asked my mate who has one how much he paid for it £4,800 How much is it worth now in his opinion after 5 years as a Livaboard-£3,000 & a Decent Bottle of Scotch !.
I have a picture somewhere & his permission to post it so I will when I find it.
Loads on EBay Most looking ‘Weatherd’ !.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back