Maxxair Maxxfan Installed and tested

mid4did

Free Member
Off again to spain soon but trying to keep cooler than last year.
After doing a bit of research I decided to remove the rear roof vent and install a Maxxfan.
It's got a 7" approximate overhang so I had to move the solar panel back a bit to take account of this.
Yesterday must have been the hottest day so far this year and I spent most of it on top of the white roof of the motorhome.
The hardest part was unsticking the 6 solar panel brackets,2 sharp wallpaper scrapers did the job best,don't bother with wire that was even harder in the heat.
Not going much of installing the fan it's a straightforward out/in job if you,ve got a standard 400x400 hole.Luckily I,ve also got a good neighbour who has access to a large roll of double backed bonding tape for the job .Finished off with mastic for the edges and screws.
I also removed my old teleco magicsat satellite dish.I never use it,it's outdated and only works in the uk for which I've got a terrestrial antenna anyway.
I plumbed in the 12v to now available fused switch a short route across and through a couple of cupboards.
It's a nice bit of kit,comes with a remote which you have to aim at the sensor from quite close but does the job.Not too noisy and airflow can be reversed.
Here's a couple short "homemade" videos of the fan in action.
No actors were harmed in the making of these videos :D
YouTube
YouTube

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back