Mariesnowgoose, cancer and some community support.

Geeky Philip

Administrator
As some of you may know Marie has been diagnosed with cancer. She has shared this with people on this community and on facebook. I want to share a couple of her posts here: Oh, b*gg*r! So back from doc's appointment this morning & two hospital appointments coming up over next 2 weeks; one for suspected melanoma & one for suspected breast cancer. Not entirely surprised as knew something was wrong, hence why doc's appt. in first place. Hope they can get on with it and start treatment sooner rather than later. Guess it's just a waiting game now. This things are sent to try us, eh? Examination, X-ray, ultrascan & biopsy today. Consultant says 'not typical' - whatever the heck that means! Me being a dumbo on the day forgot to ask him to clarify! Will be re-called to hospital within the next week to get results of biopsy. So it's back to the waiting game for a while longer Well folks finally back home after doing the rounds & getting stocked up with groceries. Booked in for...
An account upgrade is required to view more of this post.

jagmanx

A small amount sent Best wishes to Marie My neighbour who was in her late 60's Went through something similar 5 years ago and seems both fine and 100% cancer free.. All cases are different but I hope it works out as well for you.. Best wishes

runnach

Not good news at all. From a melanoma point of view, 2017 I had a couple of ops to remove malignant melanoma. All is well now and, I'm pretty sure Marie has the mental strength and attitude to win her battle!! I don't do paypal, Phil. Please PM your bank details so I can do a bank transfer.

yorkshireCPLE

OMG..!!! We are so sorry to hear this about Marie. Reading this just took us back a couple of years when Helen was diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer. Please Marie please don't worry to much (I know easier said than done) but it's amazing how you will cope. At first no doubt everything seems to just happen and you don't feel in control of anything and all the medical talk just seems like blar blar blar and doesn't really penertrate. We feel for you and really hope everything goes smoothly for you. If you want to chat personally just send us a pm and we'll send you our numbers and we will be more than happy to chat to you if it will help. Sometimes talking to someone that's gone through it can help. Even if you just want a girly chat, rant or cry we are at the end of the phone for you anytime. Neil can also chat to us or just to Carl if he wants to as Carl found it hard in a different way and found that there wasn't anyone for the men to actually chat to and express how they feel...

Makzine

Donation done and best wishes to her, family of cancer addicts here but I'm still free even if I do have Lynch syndrome :wave:

landoboguy

Lets all remember the extremely high success rates of full eradication if caught early nowadays, and it sounds like they are on the case, Im sure you'll be motoring around in no time. :) Enjoy the kindle :) I have gone through this more times than I care to remember in recent years myself and family/ friends and all have been positive outcomes. OH and admin, get the paperwhite version if you can, MUCH better can be read even in bright sunlight.

Last edited:

MarkJ

I’ve never met you Marie, but you have my best wishes. More than that, both my wife and I are cancer survivors. My wife had breast cancer and I had bowel cancer. It’s scary, it dominates your thoughts, you wonder about the future. But treatments these days are awesome, compared with just 10 years ago. We’re both fully sorted (touch wood!) and doing the same daft things as before. Actually we probably do dafter things now... Good luck to you....

Wully

Maria you make me laugh think you make a lot of people laugh and smile with you’re up beat quirky posts keep them coming and remember laughter is a great medicine wishing you all the best wully.

Scrag

Marie Keep up the positivity lady, hope all goes well with the treatment and recovery,