M6, Preston, Lancashire. Closure

Wooie1958

Please be aware that the whole M6 just north of Preston is going to be closed in both directions all weekend from friday evening to monday morning. https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/m6-going-closed-both-directions-17529211 It is from the M55 / M6 J32 junction at Broughton to J33 south Lancaster at Galagte, the diversion route is the A6 which is only single carriageway. Overnight it shouldn`t be too much of a problem but during the day it will be gridlocked !!!!!!!!!
An account upgrade is required to view more of this post.

antiquesam

The beauty of TomTom is that it would divert me automatically, so I don't need to know, but thank you anyway.

izwozral

Be prepared for one heck of a log jam, although, Mr Woo is setting up a refreshment stall outside his house and I believe he is letting rooms should you wish to take a break.

Wooie1958

Be prepared for one heck of a log jam, although, Mr Woo is setting up a refreshment stall outside his house and I believe he is letting rooms should you wish to take a break. Rather than work out individual prices i`ve told the wife we are charging a straight £15 for a brew and a biscuit (y)

Wooie1958

Handy info thanks I was heading that way. If going north i would cut across via Hambleton, Pilling, Cockerham etc. and get on north of Lancaster. The A6 from Churchtown north will be solid o_O

Wooie1958

The beauty of TomTom is that it would divert me automatically, so I don't need to know, but thank you anyway. The problem there would be that the TomTom re-route would take you onto the A6 which is the official diversion and will be gridlocked. There is no easy way of getting round it o_O

izwozral

Rather than work out individual prices i`ve told the wife we are charging a straight £15 for a brew and a biscuit (y) For that price I'd want a pot of tea, 2x Gypsy Creams and a bed for the night.

antiquesam

The problem there would be that the TomTom re-route would take you onto the A6 which is the official diversion and will be gridlocked. There is no easy way of getting round it o_O I've always found it would take me down some obscure lane, because the official diversion is busy as well

antiqueman

If going north i would cut across via Hambleton, Pilling, Cockerham etc. and get on north of Lancaster. The A6 from Churchtown north will be solid o_O done the job today so can avoid weekend.

phillybarbour

The beauty of TomTom is that it would divert me automatically, so I don't need to know, but thank you anyway. Not a good idea for a full motorway closure of both Directions. Follow like a sheep and you will be stuck for a long time on this one.

2cv

The beauty of TomTom is that it would divert me automatically, so I don't need to know, but thank you anyway. I’ve used TomTom when the M6 is shut and it turns out that so are thousands of others. You really need to avoid this by a long way,

Wooie1958

For that price I'd want a pot of tea, 2x Gypsy Creams and a bed for the night. Ral, of course there would be a special rate for WC members of £20 and and even specialer rate for those rich buggers from Cheshire of £30 :ROFLMAO: I remember breaking down in a Rover SD1 on the M6 back in the late 70`s and you lot charged me a bloody fortune to get recovered to a local garage :mad:

peecee

If going north i would cut across via Hambleton, Pilling, Cockerham etc. and get on north of Lancaster. The A6 from Churchtown north will be solid o_O Thanks Pal ..why are you sending people past my house ? Lolololol

peecee

Please be aware that the whole M6 just north of Preston is going to be closed in both directions all weekend from friday evening to monday morning. https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/m6-going-closed-both-directions-17529211 It is from the M55 / M6 J32 junction at Broughton to J33 south Lancaster at Galagte, the diversion route is the A6 which is only single carriageway. Overnight it shouldn`t be too much of a problem but during the day it will be gridlocked !!!!!!!!! It's not just this weekend but 17/18th and 19th then 24/25th and 26th as well . The A6 is gridlocked into Lancaster most work days already .There are also Road alterations underway between Galgate and Lancaster due to the University building a number of new eyesores and house building to accommodate people who don't live here yet and probably never will because the dimwit who did the government report added all the Uni students in (nearly 20,000) but forgot to take them off when...

izwozral

Ral, of course there would be a special rate for WC members of £20 and and even specialer rate for those rich buggers from Cheshire of £30 :ROFLMAO: I remember breaking down in a Rover SD1 on the M6 back in the late 70`s and you lot charged me a bloody fortune to get recovered to a local garage :mad: Thanks Pal ..why are you sending people past my house ? Lolololol There you go PC, cash in before Mr Woo gets his sticky fingers on my hard earned. btw, I like a cherry in my scones and one sugar please..

Tonybvi

It's not just this weekend but 17/18th and 19th then 24/25th and 26th as well . The A6 is gridlocked into Lancaster most work days already .There are also Road alterations underway between Galgate and Lancaster due to the University building a number of new eyesores and house building to accommodate people who don't live here yet and probably never will because the dimwit who did the government report added all the Uni students in (nearly 20,000) but forgot to take them off when they leave with their degrees thus showing an alarming population growth ....best not go on blood pressure rising Highways England state that once the bridge is demolished this weekend there will be no requirement for further closures. Are you sure it is closed next weekend as we will be heading down on 19th?

peecee

Highways England state that once the bridge is demolished this weekend there will be no requirement for further closures. Are you sure it is closed next weekend as we will be heading down on 19th? The closure notice in the local newspaper did state those three weekends.As the footbridge involved carried the Wyre walk across the motorway they may be putting a replacement bridge up ...I will see what I can find out .....there were quite lengthy delays at times this weekend with quite long but slow moving stream of traffic both ways.