lucky escape

n brown

one good thing that came out of my abortive twitching trip to the lakes ... i was looking ,in the way of old farts everywhere, for a quiet place for a pee and was about to follow a trail into some woods, when i noticed a notice warning me against such foolhardiness ! it seems that woodlands are extremely dangerous places, where falling branches are waiting to brain the unwary. in all my years i'd never realised ! peering into the gloom i could see why H&S had placed the sign- the place was worse than the Somme, branches,twigs, conkers, chestnuts and leaves everywhere, a nightmare of lethal trip,slip and stumble hazards, and missiles raining down all over. ! so it's a big thank you to all those interfering intrepid tossers angels who save us from our own stupidity!
An account upgrade is required to view more of this post.

alcam

one good thing that came out of my abortive twitching trip to the lakes ... i was looking ,in the way of old farts everywhere, for a quiet place for a pee and was about to follow a trail into some woods, when i noticed a notice warning me against such foolhardiness ! it seems that woodlands are extremely dangerous places, where falling branches are waiting to brain the unwary. in all my years i'd never realised ! peering into the gloom i could see why H&S had placed the sign- the place was worse than the Somme, branches,twigs, conkers, chestnuts and leaves everywhere, a nightmare of lethal trip,slip and stumble hazards, and missiles raining down all over. ! so it's a big thank you to all those interfering intrepid tossers angels who save us from our own stupidity! Not sure how many were killed by conkers at the Somme ? Could have been worse something might have landed on your wotsit

1807truckman

one good thing that came out of my abortive twitching trip to the lakes ... i was looking ,in the way of old farts everywhere, for a quiet place for a pee and was about to follow a trail into some woods, when i noticed a notice warning me against such foolhardiness ! it seems that woodlands are extremely dangerous places, where falling branches are waiting to brain the unwary. in all my years i'd never realised ! peering into the gloom i could see why H&S had placed the sign- the place was worse than the Somme, branches,twigs, conkers, chestnuts and leaves everywhere, a nightmare of lethal trip,slip and stumble hazards, and missiles raining down all over. ! so it's a big thank you to all those interfering intrepid tossers angels who save us from our own stupidity! Hi Mr Brown, you should always carry the correct PPE for any activity and carry out a risk assessment prior to commencing said activity, sounds to me like you would need a hard hat, safety glasses or goggles, rigger...

daygoboy

Free Member
Very sensible warning, your brainbox would have been defenceless should a branch fall while your hands were full!

oldish hippy

you mean to to sa y you ventured into the wood without full ppe you need hard hat,hi viz, gloves,and mrs b to hold your hand ,shame on you

ricc

another forum i frequent recently had a discussion on whether one should spoil the natural experience by carrying ones car keys whist hiking or hide them somewhere and hope that youd remember where and that no wild animal had taken a fancy to them whilst you were gone . Though there was a universal consensus that footwear was a necessity.