Lpg

molly 2

As diesel engines are now the bad boy of engines could , petrol LPG, conversion come back in to favor ?? .

Not so much as fuel is cheep at moment and gov dont get lots of tax,remember only 15 years to the end of piston engines, anyway electric will be the way we shall be steered.

How clean is LPG...If it is better than petrol ..
Then surely a hybrid with an LPG unit providing the leccy ( maybe with solar as a very minor topup )
Something like a giant toyota prius
Not convinced biofuels are the future they may be clean but producing them may impact very negatively on food production.
Palm Oil plantations is the latest "Bad Boy"

Lpg ought to be the cleanest fossil fuel as it has the least carbon as a percentage other than hard to store methane and hydrogen. It would appear to be a good transition. I suspect it is not that marvellous as a solution because the rest of the crude has to find a use in order to extract the lpg.
I did hear of an idea to make hydrogen easier to store by making ammonia. . That would be fine if they avoid getting nitrous oxides in the use of it.
We have to end up keeping the fossil fuel in the ground. If hydrogen is the answer it cannot be extracted from oil but electrolysed from water. We need a lot of spare electrical energy for that although excess electric at peak production times could be used then and the hydrogen stored in gasometers, remember them? They are still there almost unused.

Reactions: 2cv
I’ve often wondered about this as Autogas filling points seemed to be decreasing.
Has anyone seen emission figures for LPG powered vehicles?

Almost all LPG stations gone in southern ireland as there gov was losing tax so they upped it just short of petrol tax,thus it fell out of fav due to conversion price,a few still up norf.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back