Lpg

Thats handy Gordon. We’ve started to use the Shell garage ( and long may it continue) in Dundee on the corner as you turn left into the Forfar road when we are heading south.

Used the Shell garage at the junction of the M42 and A444 last week, they said the LPG was due to be removed sometime in the new year. He couldn't understand it as they sold loads.

I expect removal will be considered every time they revamp a site.

I filled up at Tebay junction 58 services on Sunday and they told me that from Thursday this week they will stop selling LPG. Apparently the equipment is 25 years old and it needs a service/inspections costing £25k, and that’s why it’s being removed. Gas was also removed from their other site at Rheged on the A66 nr Penrith following damage when a truck hit the pump. For now they continue to sell gas at their other services on the M6 just north of Tebay.

The age thing makes sense - presumably a retest every 10 years and replacement after 25 years.
£25k takes a bit of getting back in small volume top ups.

A local garage has stopped selling lpg told me they are now totally self service so can,t leave the till to dispense gas also mentioned insurance and not feeling happy about allowing S/S gas

That's a load of b******s - all Asda and Morrison's are self service and gas is available.
To be fair Asda unmanned don't has gas.
But staff don't have to leave the till, they only have to authorise the pump - just like other fuel.

That's a load of b******s
I.ve posted what the owner told me and the pump and tank has been removed. He was not prepared to allow self service lpg on his site or for the operator to leave the till unattended in a busy shop to serve gas. It,s his premises to operate as he likes if it dosen,t please you tough but don,t call me a liar

She’ll have confirmed LPG is being withdrawn at all sites during any refurbishment or earlier for other reasons.

I.ve posted what the owner told me and the pump and tank has been removed. He was not prepared to allow self service lpg on his site or for the operator to leave the till unattended in a busy shop to serve gas. It,s his premises to operate as he likes if it dosen,t please you tough but don,t call me a liar
I was not saying that you were lying - my point was that he was talking rubbish about having to leave the till.
Yes he is of course entitled to do whatever he likes.
I'm sorry I upset you - that was not my intent

To be fair, I think that the comment was aimed more at the owner's explanation than at your original post. Yes, it's the owner's right to make such policy decisions but other major operators appear not to have the same reservations.

thanks. the Coop fuel station at Marksbury outside Bath (its at the bag and owned by the van hire firm) is getting rid of its LPG pump in the next few weeks.

Filllpg has a facility to confirm current prices or status.
So when it does close you can report that if you want.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back