Loving my full time living on the road

Flyboy

Hi, all I'm still loving this lifestyle it's not all a bed of roses but for the best part it is i would just like to say to anybody wishing to live full time on the road try living in your Van, Motorhome within a small radius of your home four at least 3months if that's practical for you to do so.
This entails only going back to your home if like me i was working on the computer and seeing prospective house buyers everything else was done as it would be living in the van.
even down to making a brew using the toilet taking a shower everything that you would normally do without giving it a second thought in the house. Sounds daft going out of the house just to make a brew and having a shower and eating but this did allow me to log all my expenses
First, i found a few overnight stopping points one being outside my front door, one in the Co-oP carpark, 3 doors away and a couple near the canal, river and the boat life in Cheshire no more than five miles away from my then house.
I did this for 14 months I did not did I deviate from my plan spending most of my time either doing research on computer in-between jobs or walking the canal talking to continuous cruisers on the canal and the river weaver also any motor-homers that arrived at the Anderton Boat Lift Carpark. The amount of information some good some just plain daft that you can pick up can be very useful.
Common sense is most defiantly your best friend when out living on the road if it does not feel right don't do it if your chosen stayover spot does not look right don't stay if like me your prepared to give everything you possess up so there's no going back you really want to get it right and also some kind of back up plan ie putting yourself and your motorhome onto a static site for some time.
Good health a strong will and determination will make this lifelong adventure a real adventure every day.

[video=youtube;xsVtVIwNlnI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsVtVIwNlnI[/video]

Glad you're still enjoying life, Steve, wouldn't have expected anything different. Like the new hair!

Good to hear from you and glad you're still enjoying your chosen path. Take care.

We can’t inagine going back to bricks ... too much to see and do.

No ‘follow’ on your blog.

How do you renew Road Tax and Motor Home Insurance when Full Timing?

We have often thought of full timing for a few years but have always come across the problem of needing 'an address'. How do you get around this? The bank wants an address, the tax man wants an address, the DVLA wants and address.
Glad to know you are enjoying youself!!!
Essex Pair

There are companies that will provide a forwarding service that looks like a street address. When I was thinking of going full time in 2009, two such companies that seemed viable at the time were Mailboxes etc. (Parcel Delivery | Shipping | Bespoke Printing | PO Box | Mail Boxes Etc.) and Small Firm Services (Registered Office - Company Registration - Mail Forwarding Services - By SFS). I don't know whether they still offer addresses that meet the requirements of HMRC, DVLA, etc. so you could always search the Internet for "virtual mailing addresses" for alternatives. That said, most full-timers I know of use the address of a family member. HTH, Geoff

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back