Long term on levelling ramps.

Obanboy666

Due to the slope on my drive and only being able to park in one position water pools in one corner on my motorhome roof. I appreciate it’s probably not a problem but it annoys the hell out of me everytime I look out of my bedroom window !
Would it cause any issues if I used levelling ramps to allow the water to drain off the roof ? I’m out and about at least every couple of weeks so max of probably 10/12 days on the ramps.

I left our MH on ramps for 2 months with no issues. I just made sure the tyres were inflated up to 80psi and they sat in the curve of the ramp and not half in. When we go to NZ for 6 months I will use the ramps to drive onto concrete blocks.

Not quite sure what your concerns are.. If your parking area was on a slope then there no difference from being on a ramp. Fortunately I have moved mine off the flat on to a slight slope and can't see it from upper window now but water is draining off.

I made some ramps from 8x2 timber I've nailed two pieces together to give a 4" lift in 2 stages and have a third piece to give either a single lift or combine with the others for 6"
These enable me get my van level on the drive with full tyre contact.

As long as your levelling ramps are designed to take the weight then leaving your moho on them will be no problem at all. My moho has been stationary since early january and I can guarantee there will be no tyre problems when I come to use it.

It would need 2 or 3 paving slabs hence going to try a leveller ramp.

Wooden ramps would be an option although the wood will rot, paving stabs are heavy to move, a trolley jack could tilt the vehicle whilst keeping the wheel on the ground although the jack would slowly go down.

I would choose wood and accept they wont last forever :)

If you are going to all that much trouble, why not use two scissor jacks? That would let you level up and reduce the weight on the tyres at the same time.

Just go way more often..even for just 1 night.
Driving will get all the water off the roof..Hills corners etc
Or buy a decent roof cover.
We had a similar problem and a 4 ply cover did the job...But a pain to use but only £80 (10 years ago !)

I`ve had mine on ramps at the front since new to stop the water from pooling on the roof.

I use Milenco Quattro 2 now because the top level is better for leaving the motorhome on long term due to the cup being equal.

Milenco Quattro in the foreground and Milenco Quattro 2 at the rear with the sloping front face.

They are sat on some rubber conveyor belt to stop them sliding on the pattern imprinted concrete when i drive up them.

I`ve also put some along with some matting on the top level under the tyre to stop the aggressive pattern on the ramps cutting into the tyres long term.

100_2408.JPG

100_2413.JPG

Last edited:
All sorted, washed outside including the roof and solar panel.
Now stood on a redundant pair of Quattro 2 levellers. Just waiting for the rain to arrive to see what happens / where the water pools. Fingers crossed it pours off.

Reactions: 2cv

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back