Lockdown

phase3begins

‘Has anyone risked a wee night out’ yes, 3 surfer vans on the back road to our village. well, they did until the Police turned up, fined them and sent them on their way.
An account upgrade is required to view more of this post.

barryd

14 post, loads of advice, loads of views etc, but has anyone actually answered the question? "Has anyone risked a wee trip out” For the night I shall assume. No, I haven’t. There is one bloke on another forum that has spent it seems the entire lock down in his van and he is not a full timer. He came in for a lot of stick for it. Taking aside that its the wrong thing to do I just wouldnt sleep at night.

mark61

Haven’t made many comments on both people going away and/or the stick they receive. The only thing I really think about it is, going away and staying out requires a bit of common sense. If you tell people on a forum that you are out and about, you’ve definitely failed that basic test, so should probably stay at home.

trevskoda

I have not but lots of folk here seem to be doing what they wish,facebook market place is doing a good trade with folks running all over the country picking stuff up cheap.

mariesnowgoose

Methinks you are all protesting too much! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: 😂;) Bottom line is it ain't worth risking it, or trying to bend the rules to suit what you would like to do. If you're a decent, law-abiding citizen you'll try and do the right thing. Like Mark said earlier, it has absolutely nothing to do with accidents or putting pressure on local services and everything to do with lifting lockdown as cautiously as possible. Unless there is some statistic we don't know about that says you are more likely to have accidents during the night than during the day? :unsure: That particular argument no longer holds any water at all, imho. :) The current ruling says you must return to your own home at the end of the day. That does NOT mean your camper that you have driven somewhere with the express purpose of staying away in it overnight. The only exception is for full timers. End of argument. What you require is patience, patience and a bit more patience for good measure(y)

antiquesam

I'm consoling myself by booking Club Sites for June, July and September. Well you never know I might get to go somewhere, but definitely not wilding while the country is ridden with nimbyism about dirty outsiders bringing their dirty diseases into the area, and what should happen to these dirty outsiders who use our ambulances, half empty hospitals and, god forbid enter the local supermarket. If I see one of these country yokels in my Lidls I'll give them what for.

maingate

There was a brief mention on TV this morning that Sites are fully booked up ready for Sites opening. They may just have meant CMC Sites where everyone books in January just in case they might want to go there on those dates ... but usually don't bother. :rolleyes:

mariesnowgoose

There was more than a brief mention a couple of days ago about sites being booked up, and this wasn't just everybody who books in January, but a whole rake of new bookings. This was from the horse's mouth, i.e. someone from the CMC. There are a whole load of new people looking to 'staycation' as a result of the virus and restrictions on overseas travel who are turning to camping and caravan sites.

mariesnowgoose

Happy birthday, Winks! :) Ta for putting a pic of your lovely birthday tea up and making the rest of us dead jealous 😜😋😋😋 Hope you've been having a good day.

winks

Happy birthday, Winks! :) Ta for putting a pic of your lovely birthday tea up and making the rest of us dead jealous 😜😋😋😋 Hope you've been having a good day. Going to have a kip kid. zzzzzzzzz Still loads left. Cheers H

antiquesam

There was a brief mention on TV this morning that Sites are fully booked up ready for Sites opening. They may just have meant CMC Sites where everyone books in January just in case they might want to go there on those dates ... but usually don't bother. :rolleyes: Strangely I had no problem booking them today.

mariesnowgoose

With their sly editing, I can blame them for anything. Oh dear. That must mean the CMC guy being interviewed on the radio wasn't really an employee of the CMC. :oops:😮 The BBC must be faking their interviews now as well as all the other news items. Isn't that akin to something like identity theft? Tsk. You just can't trust anyone these days. Somebody should probably sue them. :) 😜

mistericeman

Oh dear. That must mean the CMC guy being interviewed on the radio wasn't really an employee of the CMC. :oops:😮 The BBC must be faking their interviews now as well as all the other news items. Isn't that akin to something like identity theft? Tsk. You just can't trust anyone these days. Somebody should probably sue them. :) 😜 I'd trust the beeb about as much as I'd trust any other press.... I.E. about as far as I could throw them.... It's all skewed one way or another.

mariesnowgoose

I'd trust the beeb about as much as I'd trust any other press.... I.E. about as far as I could throw them.... It's all skewed one way or another. This isn't particularly about the press and whether they skew anything, the words came directly out of the mouth of a CMC employee for all to hear. Unless, as I said, if he didn't say those words then they must have had someone else pretending to be that individual saying them, hence it must be identity theft :) But I agree that anything is possible and it could be a big fat lie. Or perhaps it's just a massive conspiracy? o_O;)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:177)

Minisorella, belbri, mark61, Goggles, POI Admin, runnach, mofish, jerrycan, jeanette, Fazerloz, Edina, channa, FULL TIMER, Allen, campervanannie, yorkieowl, scampa, 955itriple, Obanboy666, Mikael, spigot, ajb70, st3v3, n brown, izwozral, yorkslass, maingate, sparrks, 2cv, mjvw, helmit, mariesnowgoose, Scotia, trixie88, Debroos, Yelto, Moped, SpiroPope, ian1950, Sharon the Cat, alcam, Andysm, Biggarmac, Victor, TeamRienza, Nidge, Sky, Tapfitter, Tim120, trevskoda, antiquesam, mistericeman, Carrerasax, Wooie1958, barryd, paulhelenwilko, AdriaTwin, simesire, Asterix, ironman, GinaRon, Martingrant, winks, myvanwy, iampatman, phase3begins, doglover1, colinmd, jacquigem, Clummzie, Alberto, Tookey, davef, jann, TJBi, maureenandtom, GHPC, Donsider, toasty, argoose, fiona68, Dezi, harrow, Val54, Monkeybrand, Neckender, defender, sherry, Vanterrier, Bigshug, JVG, Geraldine, martinmartin, Rond, Jeff G, Wully, hmssnake, REC, vtwinner, NeilyG, groyne, lands43, pedro, pamjon, witzend, GreggBear, Toffeecat, oppy, mossypossy, BGT180, kensowerby, barge1914, MrKenny, Robmac, lahoski, Nabsim, I&MK, Liberty hall, caledonia, Budgie, chrismilo, daisybrown, keith49, Mr and Mrs Tupcox, Ezzo York, lthoel2, ChrisInNotts, Neets, CHII BUS, davepierson, T5Lincs, dave01249, Fdhadi, vanmandan, yorkscol, Steve C, rottytara2004, RichardP, Clarkster, Proverbs2329, clareandpeter, metcalfs, mikeegee123, craig10, ozbit, enhanceco, rabW, Peter51, Su James, 2Coops, frankw, robertd, TonyandJo, Greytop, TimSands, Bacup lad, hank, TanyaK, Juliet, denmar, Skiptonian, dochiley, VandA, shortcircuit, tripper, mrs t, diamondr, john lawrance, Ron333, Buckby, Robina, charlie356, Redsky, Captain Haddock, Tezza33, zzr1400tim, Bob,