Lockdown

patbhoy

Free Member
Lockdown is killing us, so used to be on the road that we are seriously thinking of chancing a night away at a secret hide out we know. Has anyone risked a wee trip out.
An account upgrade is required to view more of this post.

Minisorella

I can’t speak for everyone but I’d say no, definitely not. We all miss being away in the van but tempting as it might be, it’s just not worth adding to the poor opinion of wilding and motorhoming that a lot of the public already have. If you’re caught, it reflects badly on all of us :( There were a few discussions along these lines at the start of all this but the consensus here was that we stick to the rules. Everyone is feeling deprived in some way or another - family, friends, grandchildren. This won’t last forever - hang in there :) At least you have each other... you should try lockdown on your own! 😭 If you live in England, there’s nothing to stop you taking the van out for the day somewhere but overnighting just isn’t legal at the mo.

mariesnowgoose

OK, so this happened just last weekend, and I know it concerns tents not motorhomes, but the outcome would be exactly the same if someone spots you overnighting in your van. Just don't do it yet. The lockdown has been 'killing' a lot of us, you are far from unique in that respect. Wait a while longer until it is OK for us to travel around again. Coronavirus: 'Hundreds' breach Covid-19 restrictions in Yorkshire

trixie88

lockdown is killing you....NO IT ISNT..........THE DEADLY VIRUS.....AND ITS CONSEQUECES........ARE KILLING FOLK........ no one REPEAT...NO ONE.....including yourself and your family is safe from it........or from passing it on....... i believe everyone should not stray far from their local area.....despite the govt saying different like MINISORELLA has already said......... try being in lockdown on your own......believe me it is no fun........tis even worse when folk are clinically vunerable....cant even go out for a walk... ALL PROTECT OTHERS AS WELL AS YOUR OWN.....take care..... .. .

Sharon the Cat

I'd be pretty pissed off if someone came & parked up anywhere in our area for the night. What if you break down? What if someone falls ill or has an accident? You'd be viewed no differently than a bunch of people having a BBQ & drinks in a field.

Moped

Day trips yes, overnighting no. Until campsites and hotels and more widely the tourist industry gets the go ahead to reopen then you are breaking lockdown guidance putting lives at risk including your own. What if you breakdown, have a visit from or require the emergency services, waste disposal and water, and so on. And one phone call to the plod from a local and you are nicked! And you will be giving the government ammunition to tighten laws relating to overnight stops away from official licensed sites. And there is the question of invalidated your vehicle insurance if you overnight.

Last edited:

st3v3

What if you break down? What if someone falls ill or has an accident? . I'm not picking on you Sharon, I've seen a lot of people mention this with respect to overnighting. You'd be well within the rules to break down, fall ill or have an accident anywhere. It doesn't have any bearing on overnighting. What IS in the rules is you must return home at night.

trevskoda

I dont agree with doing it but,what hrs are considered night,some folk party to six in the morning and go to bet until 1 in afternoon,thats there night. :unsure: I would say that staying in a van is just the same as a house in my eyes.

Carrerasax

I’d love a ride somewhere local, go in time for bfast, stay for tea, almost overnight ours would only need to be 3-4 miles up the road fortunately!!!! Just got to get the domestic management on board!!!!🤣😩

antiquesam

I really think the Government have done too good a job at scaring the sh*t out of people. A forum member has asked a question that we have all probably thought of and quickly dismissed, and people shout at him/her and insult their intelligence. I'm used to seeing this on Facebook but am surprised to see it on the forum.

barryd

It does on the face of it seem a bit daft that you can legally go out all day to some remote area in your motorhome but then not sleep in it overnight and then go home the next day but thems the rules. I would not be tempted to flout them to be honest if for no other reason than I would feel extremely unsafe. The mood and feeling in the Dales where I live about the lock down being lifted and people being allowed to basically go where they like is not good. There would be a very good chance of a confrontation I would say. I just wish the government had had the sense to put in a 25 mile restriction with a fine if your caught breaking it without good reason because what we have now is everyone flocking to the "hot spots". There was a rave and drugs party at a local beauty spot in the upper dales the other day. All the Police did was move them on in the end, no arrests or fines, they left a huge mess, were not social distancing at all and the locals were left to clear it all up.

st3v3

Anyhoo. As a bit of light relief, it’s my 68 th birthday today and a cholesterol hamper has just been delivered. Double statins all round!! Just hope the sound of creaking arteries doesn’t keep me awake. 😬 Cheers H Happy birthday!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:177)

Minisorella, belbri, mark61, Goggles, POI Admin, runnach, mofish, jerrycan, jeanette, Fazerloz, Edina, channa, FULL TIMER, Allen, campervanannie, yorkieowl, scampa, 955itriple, Obanboy666, Mikael, spigot, ajb70, st3v3, n brown, izwozral, yorkslass, maingate, sparrks, 2cv, mjvw, helmit, mariesnowgoose, Scotia, trixie88, Debroos, Yelto, Moped, SpiroPope, ian1950, Sharon the Cat, alcam, Andysm, Biggarmac, Victor, TeamRienza, Nidge, Sky, Tapfitter, Tim120, trevskoda, antiquesam, mistericeman, Carrerasax, Wooie1958, barryd, paulhelenwilko, AdriaTwin, simesire, Asterix, ironman, GinaRon, Martingrant, winks, myvanwy, iampatman, phase3begins, doglover1, colinmd, jacquigem, Clummzie, Alberto, Tookey, davef, jann, TJBi, maureenandtom, GHPC, Donsider, toasty, argoose, fiona68, Dezi, harrow, Val54, Monkeybrand, Neckender, defender, sherry, Vanterrier, Bigshug, JVG, Geraldine, martinmartin, Rond, Jeff G, Wully, hmssnake, REC, vtwinner, NeilyG, groyne, lands43, pedro, pamjon, witzend, GreggBear, Toffeecat, oppy, mossypossy, BGT180, kensowerby, barge1914, MrKenny, Robmac, lahoski, Nabsim, I&MK, Liberty hall, caledonia, Budgie, chrismilo, daisybrown, keith49, Mr and Mrs Tupcox, Ezzo York, lthoel2, ChrisInNotts, Neets, CHII BUS, davepierson, T5Lincs, dave01249, Fdhadi, vanmandan, yorkscol, Steve C, rottytara2004, RichardP, Clarkster, Proverbs2329, clareandpeter, metcalfs, mikeegee123, craig10, ozbit, enhanceco, rabW, Peter51, Su James, 2Coops, frankw, robertd, TonyandJo, Greytop, TimSands, Bacup lad, hank, TanyaK, Juliet, denmar, Skiptonian, dochiley, VandA, shortcircuit, tripper, mrs t, diamondr, john lawrance, Ron333, Buckby, Robina, charlie356, Redsky, Captain Haddock, Tezza33, zzr1400tim, Bob,