Lidl fire extinguisher

Bouydog

1 kg dry powder fire extinguisher with mounting bracket £8.99 at lidl today.
20210118_102355.jpg

Read this somewhere or was told that power isn't recommended for carrying in vehicles as continual vibration packs it hard

Isn't the temptation to stay and try to put the fire out when you have an extinguisher. The last time I took my dangerous goods licence before retirement being told by the instructor to start running and call 999 on the way.

Always told to mount them horizontally on boats so the movement tended to keep the powder errr..... powdery. Also we took them off at intervals and gave them a shake and mounted them to the exit from the cabin so you could pick it up on the way out then decide if heading back to fight the fire was a good idea. Having said that there is no running away option with a boat fire!

Can't imagine many staying to tackle fire, a swift exit would be the sensible option and view from a distance. But if you are stopped by vosa or police and you don't have them or are out of date you have a problem.

Isn't the temptation to stay and try to put the fire out when you have an extinguisher. The last time I took my dangerous goods licence before retirement being told by the instructor to start running and call 999 on the way.
It is and I did.
Using the oven in a Autosleeper pvc, so the cooking unit was quite small. Put the oven on but didn't open the stove top. I had put a tea towel in to stop the grill rattling. Luckily the extinguisher was to hand, and i think adrenalin took over. No noticeable damage except the roof lining, carpet in those days, was a bit singed.

Used one that must have been stored horizontal for at least ten years. That one worked fine.

Went out and got a powderless one for van though, along with fire blanket and powder one.

Cleaning up after using powder one ain't no small task.

Used one that must have been stored horizontal for at least ten years. That one worked fine.

Went out and got a powderless one for van though, along with fire blanket and powder one.

Cleaning up after using powder one ain't no small task.
As this, I've used a power extinguisher on a car fire, it had been mounted horizontal for several years. It made a real mess, but put the fire out which was all I wanted of it, still got that car 30 years later.

As this, I've used a power extinguisher on a car fire, it had been mounted horizontal for several years. It made a real mess, but put the fire out which was all I wanted of it, still got that car 30 years later.
bet you'd still find powder in the ashtrays !

When i purchased my MH 2016 noticed the fire extinguisher was date 1996 so changed it ASAP, and had to checkout the old one and it worked fine on killing a bbq.

Must have been about 15 years ago, I cleared out about 12 of the old cone shaped extinguishers, dated from late 60's.
None of them worked. Classic design though, should have kept them.

Blimey, just had look on eBay. I really should have kept them 😂

Last edited:
Must have been about 15 years ago, I cleared out about 12 of the old cone shaped extinguishers, dated from late 60's.
None of them worked. Classic design though, should have kept them.

Blimey, just had look on eBay. I really should have kept them 😂

Blimey, I see what you mean!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back