LEZ for Harrow

Fazerloz

Come across this. Loophole means older motorbikes may still qualify for ULEZ exemption | Biker & Bike
An account upgrade is required to view more of this post.

harrow

Come across this. Loophole means older motorbikes may still qualify for ULEZ exemption | Biker & Bike Yes thank you. Its like the madness around London Heathrow airport is going to have a ULEZ which I remember is a total of 400 miles of roads around the airport while the jet plane thunders down the runway !

Fazerloz

I have just applied to Honda for the COC for my 2005 ANF125 that I carry on the back of the van and will apply for exemption if the emissions are suitable.

harrow

The principle of the ULEZ and the LEZ where I live are a good idea. HOWEVER the next thing they are talking about is we will have replace our 2 year old gas boiler and everyone will have to have electric central heating boilers. WHO is going to pay for all this ? No they have gone to far with motorcycles and scooters, its absolutely ridiculous.

FringeDweller

In June, I was looking for a mobility car with ramps at the back, One dealer near Twickenham had one for sale. My only transport was the Hymer, so I went to look and left a deposit. Returned to the south coast and arranged for a lift to collect it a couple of days later. Couple of weeks after collection, I got a penalty notice from TFL demanding £500, rising to £1000 after 4 weeks, then £1500 after 8 weeks, then a ccj. no choice but to pay, no blue badge or disabled concessions, just pay or get a ccj. james

harrow

In June, I was looking for a mobility car with ramps at the back, One dealer near Twickenham had one for sale. My only transport was the Hymer, so I went to look and left a deposit. Returned to the south coast and arranged for a lift to collect it a couple of days later. Couple of weeks after collection, I got a penalty notice from TFL demanding £500, rising to £1000 after 4 weeks, then £1500 after 8 weeks, then a ccj. no choice but to pay, no blue badge or disabled concessions, just pay or get a ccj. james It is so easy to get caught out if you don't know the area.

harrow

Good news for some older bikes. Yes the motorbike and scooter situation and about time it is reviewed. We used to have terrible fogs when I was a kid but back then everyone used to burn coal to heat their homes and the London power stations were coal fired. And I guess it will be coming to a lot of towns.

Last edited:

colinmd

The principle of the ULEZ and the LEZ where I live are a good idea. HOWEVER the next thing they are talking about is we will have replace our 2 year old gas boiler and everyone will have to have electric central heating boilers. WHO is going to pay for all this ? No they have gone to far with motorcycles and scooters, its absolutely ridiculous. The last I read on the subject nobody is being forced to replace CH, but new houses will have electric heating.

trevskoda

I read on the net that one min of cloths manafacturing emits as much crap as all the cars in england for 10 years,and thats the naked truth.

Fazerloz

Yesterday, someone from Oxfam said that we buy 2 ton of clothes every minute in the UK, And a lot of women don't ever wear them. [The clothes that they have just bought that is.]

molly 2

Yesterday, someone from Oxfam said that we buy 2 ton of clothes every minute in the UK,. I can a sure its not me

molly 2

The last I read on the subject nobody is being forced to replace CH, but new houses will have electric heating.. Will they also have solar panels , wind generator and power wall bank's .

harrow

So. If we stop buying clothes we can keep our motorbikes ? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXEt3bWSapY&t=209s

mariesnowgoose

I was always a fair weather cyclist, Ian, so that last video as a solution to traffic congestion wouldn't work for me. Told you I was a wimp! ;) :lol-053:

colinmd

. Will they also have solar panels , wind generator and power wall bank's . Going back over 10 years ago when we where building the 'new house', it surprised me that there was not more emphasis put on solar panels etc.

harrow

I was always a fair weather cyclist, Ian, so that last video as a solution to traffic congestion wouldn't work for me. Told you I was a wimp! ;) :lol-053: By next summer you will be ready to ride again, but at the moment you probably glow in the dark due to the chemo !

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)