Length

Wully

Not one to worry or get myself fazed too much about regulations like weight and stuff but I do try my best to stick to the law if I can but I’m no gonna lose sleep over it. I was just looking tonight at the length of my van and tow car behind van is nearly nine meters and the car and A frame must be nearly another four so roughly 13 meters just wondering if there’s any rules or regulations to the length. I know the old story about some being more concerned about width but that’s another story.😜

I was just wondering Gordon because we seem to have rules for everything else motorhome related. It honestly looks like the circus is coming to town 🤡. Left myself open there.😂

I was just wondering Gordon because we seem to have rules for everything else motorhome related. It honestly looks like the circus is coming to town 🤡. Left myself open there.😂
Wully I can get you adr plates like I had for shifting whisky aboot 🥃

If you were a rigid then 12mtrs is max . unless 2 axle bus 13.5mtrs or 3axle with rear steer 15mtrs but as you are a car drawing trailer (not a semi) then its 18.75mtrs so you have loads to spare . My RV was 12mtr so max trailer I could tow was 6.75 :)
Thanks for that I just wasn’t sure.

He played the lead role on Annie

961-513145709bf57bddb64300aaba7d4ae3.jpg

Not one to worry or get myself fazed too much about regulations like weight and stuff but I do try my best to stick to the law if I can but I’m no gonna lose sleep over it. I was just looking tonight at the length of my van and tow car behind van is nearly nine meters and the car and A frame must be nearly another four so roughly 13 meters just wondering if there’s any rules or regulations to the length. I know the old story about some being more concerned about width but that’s another story.😜
It's called Girth Wull.

If you were a rigid then 12mtrs is max . unless 2 axle bus 13.5mtrs or 3axle with rear steer 15mtrs but as you are a car drawing trailer (not a semi) then its 18.75mtrs so you have loads to spare . My RV was 12mtr so max trailer I could tow was 6.75 :)
Does a PHGV get classed as a car for towing then?

Does a PHGV get classed as a car for towing then?
For purpose of length regs the term used is a motor vehicle so doesn't matter what prime mover as the max length (outside of STGO) is 18.75mtr
where prime mover weight is less than 3500 kg then trailer max length is affected so only 7mtr allowed over 3500( so hgv) then trailer can be 12mtr as long as 18.75mtr total is not exceeded. HTSH :)

I’ve towed a glider trailer (7 metres + the A-frame) behind our old Autosleeper Ravenna. Our son commented that it looked like it covered two time zones 🤣🤣! Haven’t towed it yet with the Burstner T-Star 680 which replaced the Ravenna but we’ll end up in excess of 14 metres. Just need a bit of care on tight corners but otherwise tows a treat. BTW the glider trailer MGW is 380kg so no weight problems

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back