Legal thoughts a little one sided?

channa

I picked up a speeding ticket, last couple of weeks no reason to contest but filling in the section172 today did get me thinking the points contested in the ECHR but the govt won how no idea but as a result 6 points on your licence now which is more than the speeding

Section 172 requires the registered keeper at the threat of 6 points and a fine to divulge the name of the driver at the time of the alleged offence but

1) entrenched within English law your right to silence is removed
2) unlike other alleged offences. No caution is given under PACE police and criminal evidence act
3) s172 is a forced confession under the threat of a fine and points, I struggle to think of any other scenario where a forced confession under duress would be admissible in court.

On face value the law doesn’t seem very balanced at all

channa

Not altogether bad news, Andy.
You're still young and fit enough to cop a speeding ticket.. You naughty boy.
Well done.
Hey .. we're you towing the caravan, too .?
⭐⭐
No van on the back, I was going to go outdoors and got mixed up in a road closure and got wrapped up in a road diversion, nevertheless !

Turned out an expensive trip and topped off a bugger of a week but plod on ...I hope all is well with you and Jenny

Robmac

You probably remember advising me on a case a couple of years back Andrew.

I got a ticket whilst on business and I wasn't sure whether it was me or my son in law driving at the time. They said that one of us had to take the ticket so I did. We still do not know to this day who was driving at the time of the offence.

A bit strange when you are forced to say something by the law which is tantamount to perjury.