learn a bit of KIWI

Asterix

I've heard them all Mr B,and could add a lot more to the list,I sometimes wish I had a translator with me for some areas of the UK I visit. I'm pretty certain that list was compiled by an Aussie...one of their favourites being "all hands on dick". Got me thinking now,might get fush and chups for tea tonight!
An account upgrade is required to view more of this post.

Asterix

That is SEFEFRICAAN, or maybe ROADEESHUN Funny you say that as I get mistaken as a SA by people from SA! To my ear a kiwi accent is closer to SA than Aus.

trevskoda

You want to be up country here as a translator would be required from town to town. Common one for adds selling cars is,in gud codisin. 😂 or windys for windows stains for stones.

Robmac

Funny you say that as I get mistaken as a SA by people from SA! To my ear a kiwi accent is closer to SA than Aus. I worked with many Kiwis in London, there were quite a few on the IT scene. They like to work hard and play hard. I subsequently worked with a bloke from Zimbabwe. The first time I heard his accent I asked if he was from New Zealand or South Africa. He didn't mind the NZ comparison but was very offended at being compared to a South African to say the least!

st3v3

I was working with a Kiwi, looking in the back off his car for something. "It's in the middle box mayte " In his boot two plastic boxes, and one metal one. "I'm still none the wiser Bryan!"