Laying your Motorhome up for the Summer

Witzend, thanks for that mate, im no electrician you see and this is like all great ideas, very simple. Any idea if theres an open online shop for the bits open cos all the ones round here are shut.

Witzend, thanks for that mate, im no electrician you see and this is like all great ideas, very simple. Any idea if theres an open online shop for the bits open cos all the ones round here are shut.

Send a message to @wildebus, sure he'll be able to supply bits or possibly a made up lead

Ebay for certain just 2 croc clips length of wire and a inline fuse https://tinyurl.com/ycpp275h and

I had mine fully serviced, fueled, full LPG, new MOT etc just before the lock down. I thought it might be needed if the lights went off but it sounds like it was a good idea anyway from this thread. New oil, full diesel etc.

I just leave mine for months over winter normally, handbrake off, in gear, whip off the negative battery lead. Generally all is fine when it comes out of hibernation. I guess they sit on dealer forecourts for months on end sometimes.

I suppose if you wanted to give it a run you could use it to go shopping in without breaking any rules.

Ebay for certain just 2 croc clips length of wire and a inline fuse https://tinyurl.com/ycpp275h and
Sourcing a fuse with two wires each end and buying a pair of croc-clips is the easy bit.
The tricky bit is finding a suitable place to put each end (using croc clips implies there are bare +ve bits of wire to clip onto - which would not be a good thing in a well-built motorhome)

Sourcing a fuse with two wires each end and buying a pair of croc-clips is the easy bit.
The tricky bit is finding a suitable place to put each end (using croc clips implies there are bare +ve bits of wire to clip onto - which would not be a good thing in a well-built motorhome)
Read the instructions they connect to battery terminals no different than connecting a battery charger post #35

Last edited:
Read the instructions they connect to battery terminals no different than connecting a battery charger post 35
except one battery is in the engine bay probably and one is inside the vehicle. How do you route the cable from engine bay to location of leisure battey? how do you protect the cable as it goes through holes in bulkhead or through door jambs? what protection is there for the cable in that fairly long route? how you you join the cable to the fuse holder flying leads?
Too many things to just say to someone who has said he has no electrical knowledge "search on eBay and get this" without saying HOW he then uses it.
forget just sying an unhelpful "read the instructions", think in their shoes.

I ll be ok. i used to strip massive diesel engines so ill be able to route it under the motorhome and up through the engine bay. The fella along from me is a top motor mechanic. Its weird, im fine with anything mechanical but very basic at electrics.

I ll be ok. i used to strip massive diesel engines so ill be able to route it under the motorhome and up through the engine bay. The fella along from me is a top motor mechanic. Its weird, im fine with anything mechanical but very basic at electrics.
It's just down to experience and comfort levels :) When it comes to the mechanical stuff, I am perfectly happy stripping down brakes for example and done that on loads of vehicles, but something that is regarded as a very basic thing to do by most folk - i.e. doing an oil change - I really don't like to do and have only done that once in my life to my recollection!

forget just sying an unhelpful "read the instructions",
That reply was to You who had obviously commented with out reading the complete thread where You would have seen the 2 connections where to the battery terminals not as You implied to bare wires.
Toffee cat who only asked where he could source the parts to which the reply was ebay.

That reply was to You who had obviously commented with out reading the complete thread where You would have seen the 2 connections where to the battery terminals not as You implied to bare wires.
Toffee cat who only asked where he could source the parts to which the reply was ebay.
whatever

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back