Lateral Flow Tests

Sharon the Cat

We've just done our tests. We are on our way up to Scotland, away for 2 weeks. As I am a regular care home visitor to see my Dad, we have ordered kits so that we can test every few days whilst we're away.
Does anyone else regularly take tests without being required to for work or other reasons?

Attachments

• IMG_20210920_202002.jpg
    IMG_20210920_202002.jpg
    187.6 KB · Views: 117
No tests here, in fact everyone i ask if they have had the jab say no bar a very small few.

Very few workers here even wear masks, esp in the builders yards and DIY shops.

I've stopped wearing a mask, so I now try to give everyone a wide berth, I do sanitize going in and out of places where there is a facility to do so, we also have some at home and in the car, had both jabs, and will continue to have them if needed, stupid not to.

I do lateral flow tests from time to time and doing one before visiting a care home sounds like a very good idea.

I do lateral flow tests from time to time and doing one before visiting a care home sounds like a very good idea.
I've taken a couple after being in a group - don't generally as rarely congregate, but did one after the Motorhomer rally in Kelso and planned to do one after being in Stratford but not got round to it as yet.

Taking one before going where vulnerable people are is as okta says a very good idea, and I would have expected the manager of something like a care home should maybe make mandatory actually? They can do so if they choose to.

We have to show a negative lateral flow test before visiting Val’s mum, so yes, some care homes are being rightly more cautious. We also get a temperature check as well before being allowed past reception, oh and a plastic apron!!

No choice te the care home. I have to do one every visit.
Because of the increase of covid at the moment all visits are outdoors at my Dad's home, until residents have had their boosters.

We also get a temperature check as well before being allowed past reception
Temperature is now seen as a very poor indicator of the delta variant.
The Zoe study was the first to spot the importance of smell and taste as early indicators and yet again this study is the first to pick up that the symptoms have changed.

Problem with the tests is you may not show to about 3 days later, just make sure not one of you sneeze on here please.

Temperature is now seen as a very poor indicator of the delta variant.
The Zoe study was the first to spot the importance of smell and taste as early indicators and yet again this study is the first to pick up that the symptoms have changed.
That maybe well be right but the care homes and our doctors are still doing belts and braces and use the temperature test as an indicator. Can’t see it does any harm having a gun poked at your forehead 🤣

We've just done our tests. We are on our way up to Scotland, away for 2 weeks. As I am a regular care home visitor to see my Dad, we have ordered kits so that we can test every few days whilst we're away.
Does anyone else regularly take tests without being required to for work or other reasons?
Twice a week, i work in a care home for people with advanced dementia. Fromm 11th november if carers are not double jabbed, they face the sack as its now been made mandatory. Dont understand the logic at all 😟

Twice a week, i work in a care home for people with advanced dementia. Fromm 11th november if carers are not double jabbed, they face the sack as its now been made mandatory. Dont understand the logic at all 😟
I'm surprised you are not required ti take a lateral flow test every day.

We had to have a lateral flow and pci test to visit the U.K. a couple of weeks ago. We were amazed at the amount of people in shops and other enclosed areas that don’t wear masks and there seemed to be no requirement to prove vaccination status anywhere we went.
Back home in France, we are still wearing masks in many towns outdoors, all shops and restaurants/ bars etc and have to show proof of full vaccination to enter many places.

We had to have a lateral flow and pci test to visit the U.K. a couple of weeks ago. We were amazed at the amount of people in shops and other enclosed areas that don’t wear masks and there seemed to be no requirement to prove vaccination status anywhere we went.
Back home in France, we are still wearing masks in many towns outdoors, all shops and restaurants/ bars etc and have to show proof of full vaccination to enter many places.
We are on Ile de Re at the moment and it certainly feels safer here than at home, there is 100% mask wearing even at the outdoor markets, wouldn't happen in the UK.

Human rights will override and they will not be sacked, or if they do then the courts will favor the worker as masks jabs are not law.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back