Large roof light Broadway Autosleeper

• Thread starter Deleted member 38440
  • Start date

Deleted member 38440

Hello everybody
Im looking for a mobile service to repair or replace as neccessary the skylight. It seemed stuck in down position and trying to wind it the mechanism now didn’t move. Thanks if anyone can advise for EastSussex.
Graham

I have that problem , I use a credit card between the rubber and the top to break the seal ,the mechanism is so flimsy it breaks for fun ,my nuevo is on its third .in three years .never ever force it .

I always push it up with my other hand at the same time as winding as they feel flimsy, and always seem to be stuck to the rubber seal when not used for a while

I always push it up with my other hand at the same time as winding as they feel flimsy, and always seem to be stuck to the rubber seal when not used for a while
We had the same problem with our Broadway FB. Even though I used to assist opening, the mechanism still broke when the van was about 18 months old.

Lots are saying about the seal being stuck to the actual light itself. I only wind the light down fully when travelling otherwise it is always on the point of not touching. I have noticed my winds fine in the warmer weather. When winding I hold the handle near to the pivot point and turn the handle itself rather than holding it by the knob if you understand what I mean, this way I find there is less pressure on the handle

I wonder if silicon spray on the seal would stop it sticking? I’ve used Thetford silicon spray on rubber seals and it seems to give them a nice slippery coating.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back