Lakeland Remoska

Trotter

Better offer still here I bought one from them a few years ago and it arrived in 4 days by DPD
I read this quickly, or should I say, mis read this as, “ I bought one year’s ago, and it arrived four days ago by DPD.”
😝 lol

Tezza33

Better offer still here I bought one from them a few years ago and it arrived in 4 days by DPD
That is where we bought ours from, the only difference to the one supplied by Lakeland is it didn't have a UK plug but it did arrive with an adapter.
We use ours almost every day at home but it works perfectly in the van using the invertor Del, if ours broke we would buy another without hesitation

xsilvergs

I built a power controller which chops out mains cycles, my wife finds it so much better to use, there is now no need to cover things in tin foil.
This reduces its power consumption.

Tonybvi

Is that going to be a massive draw? 400w element.
400w, 12v = 33 amps. Most Remoska meals take about an hour so you would be taking 30 to 35 amps out of your batteries (assuming you have an inverter powerful enough) each meal. We have 240 aH of lithium so use the Remoska in the van most days without any problem

Trotter

33amps. That’s what I reckoned. I’ve more than enough power for that. As long as I move every other day or so. Or have plenty of solar. Although, with plenty of solar, I wouldn’t need an oven. Lol
I’ve bought and used both a Ridgemonkey and an Omnia with limited results. Reluctant to buy another potential ornament. Think I’ll persevere with Streetsleeper modification mk1, for the Omnia. Plus, there’s probably more than one way to construct a lasagna 😇
£99 will by a lot more diesel. That way I wouldn’t need to find a home for it. There’s enough junk in there already.
400w, 12v = 33 amps. Most Remoska meals take about an hour so you would be taking 30 to 35 amps out of your batteries (assuming you have an inverter powerful enough) each meal. We have 240 aH of lithium so use the Remoska in the van most days without any problem

Robmac

We use ours at home if we are only cooking for the 2 of us. We will take it in the van if we are staying somewhere with EHU.

I would imagine it to be very useful in a van which doesn't have an oven. Cooks very nicely.

Kat0

Have used the remoska grande for years at home & just bought a new one as old element died & couldn’t be replaced. It makes amazing reliable Yorkshire pud🤗
Thankyou for the power draw info, might have to get a smaller one for the van xxx

Helzie

33amps. That’s what I reckoned. I’ve more than enough power for that. As long as I move every other day or so. Or have plenty of solar. Although, with plenty of solar, I wouldn’t need an oven. Lol
I’ve bought and used both a Ridgemonkey and an Omnia with limited results. Reluctant to buy another potential ornament. Think I’ll persevere with Streetsleeper modification mk1, for the Omnia. Plus, there’s probably more than one way to construct a lasagna 😇
£99 will by a lot more diesel. That way I wouldn’t need to find a home for it. There’s enough junk in there already.
What’s “Streetsleeper modification mk1, for the Omnia”?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:216)

SquirrellCook, Heppy, scampa, wildebus, AllanD, jagmanx, Biggarmac, Edina, Johnsais, Tonybvi, Penny13, Debroos, ian1950, zzr1400tim, paulhelenwilko, Mr and Mrs Tupcox, Driventemple, fiona b, Lee, number14, oppy, hank, GreggBear, Luckheart, DTF, UFO, Trotter, terry111, tobym, xsilvergs, brian c, Budgie, moonshadow, john77, alwaysared, Harryw, highlandron, tidewatcher, mark61, Babybirddog, mid4did, iampatman, winks, ajb70, CHBrinton, Pauljenny, iandsm, SimonM, SHABBINS, Alberto, John and Janet, Tezza33, Bouydog, Victor, yorkieowl, ironman, linkshouse, brugge, TonyB, Upfish, Minisorella, Compo, QFour, Ignatius, harrow, The laird, Adria home, pj650, silverweed, 1807truckman, denmar, Disconik, Monkeybrand, caledonia, Robmac, Chris Evans001, 955itriple, Bigshug, gid7, Tookey, Topmast, kernewek, Herman, clarkpeacock, Silver sprinter, Kat0, Morphology, hmssnake, ton27, redhand, JVG, 2cv, Nidge, Philip Tomlinson, painter01, watchthis, mfw, davep10000, RichardHelen262, keith49, walpeter, kensowerby, Roy Laura, Hycon, Justjack, flying kipper, V1nny, kevlakes, tadpole58, John H, Andys, Nomad, Alshymer, cornish hymer, ScarletPimple, jeanette, kingfisher1, molly 2, tugboat, dunfillin, big tom, carol, VandA, Buzzard, s4x4c, Wanderlust, Casscott, Paulajc, Caz, st3v3, john lawrance, Spike, George S, Pedalman, harryrym, Mobilvetta, Winterskp, pasturisedpete, BURSTNER BILL, TheMillers, Lib, MiaC3000, Hazel, Alphabetty, Rooneydog, marmionassoc, knowledgeseeker, Alan1951, tonytibbs, charlie356, Rutaria, Janet1, Skyhigh, Shoz, billparish, landie50, Goofer, gilsof31, Dartmoor Punch, gipsy_jo, Kens988, BlueVanMan, Forcesixwindy, domandcarole, RayM, sandya, TimmyP, sansaw, GeordieBoy, topchook, Alan Wicks, BandG, esmeej, b0p, Terryww, Patandtubs, Bheinn, wrp, Veloman, norman64, Colinmac, Mpdyork, mr. badolki, Mark135, popeye1958, nitkn, carolandrays, wilfyboy, Ron333, Dicknmaggie, Computerkid, Di1234, Donsider, Curly, Markd, chrishunter, stonedaddy, vtwinner, Sue Paskins, Steve and Julie, Jaguar, yoko, alun145, cowanhouse, NSY, jann, dibble18, Nigel18, Helzie, SCRUMPY BOY, Mrscake, Gasman-uk, skippy, Bentley Queen, Major Fiasco, Janet W,