Kent doesn't want us....

If you lived with a nice sea view, would you want it spoiled constantly by a string of Motorhomes every single day?

Whilst annoying for Motorhomers, I can see their point of view and if I lived in one of those houses/flats ......

Id agree, looks a bit of a nuisance, and someowhat of a hazard.

They could always drive to Jaywick and park there :)
1601156379814.png

Most people complain about a car parking 'in their space' so it is little wonder the residents get upset about a line of big white boxes parked in front of their houses.

You can park in a large carpark be the only vehicle in there and if another motorhome comes in there is a very good chance they will park next to you
A lot of motorhomers have the herding instinct and that is one of the problems

I wouldn`t like some freeloading, tight fisted bloody motorhomers parking in front of my house either o_O however ...............................................

We`ve had a brew there years back and i made sure we wasn`t directly in front of any property yet still got sarcastic comments off some locals walking their doggies :mad:

The fact that their little pooches were defecating and urinating all over the place didn`t seem to bother them but our 15 minute brew was obviously a problem 😧

Last edited:
is this hate motorhomes campaign a new thing , it dose seem to be catching on

We had one night at the Dover sea front parking some time ago would not use it again prefer the Canterbury P n R facility every time or the Dover Patrol parking.

Attachments

• SDC10003.JPG
    SDC10003.JPG
    95.7 KB · Views: 103
  • SDC10004.JPG
    SDC10004.JPG
    92.4 KB · Views: 111
  • SDC10005.JPG
    SDC10005.JPG
    70.1 KB · Views: 107
I was just reading one of the forums in facebook and someone said that she was not surprised that people were against motorhomes, there was one person with a jenny going and another was emptying grey waste. She was vilified and told to stop being so sad and nosey and to get a life. I left my comment something I rarely do but I was very cross. :)

I don’t believe the story, there’s no mention of cassettes being emptied behind bushes or down drains!
We used to live nearby and have often parked along that road, we have never noticed any anti social behaviour, not even from the residents, but I have seen hand written signs along the road saying “no campervan parking”. These people think because they own their house, they also own the pavement, the road and any views from their windows.
Just another example of nosey busybodies expecting everybody to conform to their ideas of what they think is right.

is this hate motorhomes campaign a new thing , it dose seem to be catching on
Back in the day there where relatively few motorhomes, and a 7m Kontiki seemed huge, 30 years ago we toured the Outer Hebrides and only saw a couple of other vans. Nowadays there are many more motorhomes, and a 7m van is nothing unusual at all. Add to that more and more vehicles of all sorts on the road and people start to take out their frustrations on easy targets.
When you see that there are calls to ban a whole class of vehicles (SUV's), then any anti motorhome sentiment seems relatively mild.

I believe the article says that parking will be allowed during the day. So locals will still loose their views

Nobody actually has a right to a view as I found out when they built a bloody great Tesco between my house and the river.

I can see why people would get annoyed though if their view was constantly blocked, after all a motorhomer parking to enjoy a view is possibly depriving somebody else of that view.

That's my view anyway. (or not) :)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back