Jumpstarter

• Thread starter Deleted member 38440
  • Start date

Deleted member 38440

Hello
Is it acceptable to use jumpstarter without the battery in circuit, as the very flat battery would seem to drain some of the jumper power.
many thanks Graham.

The answer is yes .do not disconnect the starter battery and run engine engine without a battery connected as this would blow the alternator..

If your main battery is down that low it may be scrap and why did it go so low ,dont attempt to start with out a battery or a very low one as damage could be done to electronics.
Use a mains float charger to bring it up,is there not a charger in your van.

Yes van Is fitted with an intelligent charger, engine and leisure batteries all less than 2 years old. I don’t get enough sunshine on solar panels to maintain the batteries.

Yes van Is fitted with an intelligent charger, engine and leisure batteries all less than 2 years old. I don’t get enough sunshine on solar panels to maintain the batteries.
The charger should be on the mains plug also,i have a numax wired in and a relay to join all batts up for 230v charge.

As Markd said, connect the jump leads and run the donor vehicle for a while to put a bit of charge in to your battery then start your vehicle

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back