Jump start device

• Thread starter Deleted member 38440
  • Start date

Deleted member 38440

Has anyone used this or similar? How successful was yours?
I look forward to your responses
Graham

Get a good one, and yes it works. There are a lot with way overstated battery claims though. The weight is a good indicator.

Looks like a good product as long as you replace the cheap crocodile clips also can’t see any info on charging the unit is it from 240 or cigarette socket

Looks like a good product as long as you replace the cheap crocodile clips also can’t see any info on charging the unit is it from 240 or cigarette socket

Looks like it has a 240v charger as well as 12v.
1575192510455.png

Read the speck,stated 1000a not 2 and if so good why dont car makers fit them rather than a big heavy battery.
Outside my kids school a lady had a big jeep which would not start and a chap produced one of these type units,did it start it,NO ,i had to link my van up with h/duty jump leads and leave them on for about 5 mins with my engine running fast before we could get a start.
Do you think a 1000a will go down those thin wires,saying its a 1000a means little unless a time frame is stated,ie a 1000ah ,it may deliver a 1000a but over a day which is not the same.
It will however pull up a battery which is just below its peak over time which does not include one half discharged.

Read the speck,stated 1000a not 2 and if so good why dont car makers fit them rather than a big heavy battery.
Outside my kids school a lady had a big jeep which would not start and a chap produced one of these type units,did it start it,NO ,i had to link my van up with h/duty jump leads and leave them on for about 5 mins with my engine running fast before we could get a start.
Do you think a 1000a will go down those thin wires,saying its a 1000a means little unless a time frame is stated,ie a 1000ah ,it may deliver a 1000a but over a day which is not the same.
It will however pull up a battery which is just below its peak over time which does not include one half discharged.
I also don’t understand how the thin wires can deal with the amps that a starter motor requires. Can someone clarify this. Many thanks Graham

I also don’t understand how the thin wires can deal with the amps that a starter motor requires. Can someone clarify this. Many thanks Graham

Because they are short, and only need to carry the current for a couple of seconds.

I have a jump starter kit and they work well.
Mine lives under the seat
When at a Frog meet it was able to start a 2.8l diesel without any problem

Your kit looks overpriced when a quick look found this

The idea is for the unit to transfer power to the flat battery just like a charger then the car is started from its own battery the leads an clips are as good as you,d see on any charger so fit for what they are intended

All it will do is top of a light discharged battery,no way would you use it to crank and engine over,look how thick starter cables are.
If they alone could start engines then car makers would fit them rather than big heavy batts and cables.

As an alternative to the above pack I carry and have used successfully one similar to this for years to transfer power to a flat battery obviously the flatter the battery the longer it takes just like the above pack connect it up and wait for it to charge the battery then disconnect leads and start the car

I have had the same make but different model for about 18 months or so now. mine says it will start a 6.0 litre petrol or 5.0 litre diesel but biggest I have use it on is my 2.7 Sprinter.

if the battery is completely flat then it won’t work but if there is a tiny bit of juice left in the battery it works a treat. I have just replaced my starter battery that I should have really replaced 18 months ago so it will hopefully go back to charging USB devices now.

I have one similar for work and start gas and diesel forklifts with it from a completely dead battery, I keep it on charge from 12 v cig lighter socket so it is always ready for use. I swear by it so much I do not carry jump leads any more.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back