J reg Fiat ducato written off offers

1 Cup

My daughters van was hit by hit and run driver outside! The insurance co wrote it off
Do you need spares or hole van ?
drove it to phil meet at race course with the broken head lamp just taped up. Good van for someone needs rust treated but inside all works.
They want £1500. Should we buy it back ?

We are taking the awning and solar off befor they take it 1st week of november.

We are taking the awning and solar off befor they take it 1st week of november.
+ spare wheel and mounting she may need it for the new one, Jack an tools, battery's, gas bottles, if tyres are good see if anyone would do a deal with exchange for their more worn ones and most of the fuel

Last edited:
Photos
She Put 2 new tyers on last year and brakes

Attachments

• 20201025_155351.jpg
    20201025_155351.jpg
    345 KB · Views: 184
  • 20201025_155341.jpg
    20201025_155341.jpg
    402.2 KB · Views: 181
  • 20201025_155328.jpg
    20201025_155328.jpg
    361.3 KB · Views: 181
  • 20201025_155319.jpg
    20201025_155319.jpg
    292.7 KB · Views: 168
Depends on whether you have storage space and probably how much mot is on it - do you want to strip it for parts - getting shot of could be the easier option - unless you are happy to sit around and get money back over time

Some accidents repairs can be done very cheaply using second hand parts ,is the condition of the van worth it , ?? You proberbly have enough on with you current build . I would walk away .

Why not just take the money, let it go, & move on. Doesn't look particularly tidy in the photos, maybe just get another one. Doesn't seem like good practice to strip the good bits off it after you've had an offer, the bits obviously add towards their salvage reclaim.....

Why not just take the money, let it go, & move on. Doesn't look particularly tidy in the photos, maybe just get another one. Doesn't seem like good practice to strip the good bits off it after you've had an offer, the bits obviously add towards their salvage reclaim.....

Yes they do record anything that is missing like spare wheels, tools etc :unsure: at least that's what Copart do

Depends on your expertise amd time !
Simplest option to simply take their offer and start afresh !

Simplest option to simply take their offer and start afresh !
Alright if your able to afford to with the insurance money you can pay someone to do the repairs and be left with several K's in the bank . Unless you pay quite a bit more you'll not be getting anything any different and she knows how this van runs and was very likely happy with it prior to the accident.

Then buy it back. I've bought motors back from insurance in the past & done well with them. Saves stripping bits off it too....

For 1500 quid, it's just getting weighed in I recon. I'd offer them 750 and see what they say. At that it's worth the effort I guess, otherwise take the money. How much are they paying out?

When you say they do you mean the insurance company if so it’s far too much, my mate had an old Pilote written off last year and looked better than this one and he bought it back for £400.
Engine and gearbox is worth £800-£1000 if good so it may be worth buying to break but it’ll be a lot of hassle

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back