It's taken about two years but here goes..........

ExRacingRat

So after planning, looking at many vans and frankly wasting time for approx. 2 years I have finally bought my new (to me) van. I'm collecting it on Tuesday and then I can start phase two of my plan. I looked at everything from tag axle A classes to small camper vans and finally decided on a PVC which is just big enough for me and the dog and small enough to get to reasonably out of the way places. Lots of plans for the van but my wallet has to recover first.

ccb15204f39e40b2a483c8ee914082ca.jpg
37c212a5e4ff4f3185bb6a16a700c9a4.jpg

That’s a really nice looking interior. I’m sure both of you will have a lot of fun in it when we all allowed back into the community!

Cracking looking van ,hope you have many safe times and journeys with your new adventures ahead
Stay safe and well

Looks nice. I have often fancied a PVC but never found one that would work for us going from a 7+ metre coachbuilt. I like the idea of the PVC though and being able to throw it around the Alps a bit easier than a lardy Kontiki. You just need to be allowed to use it now though!

Lovely looking van, great layout, lucky you, enjoy. Well enjoy it soon, hopefully.

Nice colour as well, Golden White 506. I’ve suit had mine resprayed in that shade. (y)

Thanks all for the kind comments. (y)

Kingham my fav van .wish me Mrs was small people I would swop tomorrow enjoy ..
I'm actually not a small chap myself but I did try the bed out and the dog is small(ish).

Nice colour as well, Golden White 506. I’ve suit had mine resprayed in that shade. (y)
To be honest I wanted a silver one but they're rare and the gold is fine with me. Not entirely sure about the purple highlights on the upholstery though but that is easily changed if I can't live with it.

I never found the van that ticked all the boxes, don't think it exists, this one came the closest in the end for me so I'm happy. I'm actually going to be semi full timing in it to begin with, on my mothers drive as she is 91 and really needs someone there as much as possible now and I live over 100 miles away. Being parked up on her drive ruled out a full size Winnebago, think she was worried about the neighbours or something ;), so that's partly the reason I got a PVC. Next is clearing and renting out my house etc etc etc etc.................. :)

I think for a single person that layout is very good, the 4ft bed is a bit narrow for couples, but for you would be fine and with washroom next to it frees up plenty of space at front.

I think for a single person that layout is very good, the 4ft bed is a bit narrow for couples, but for you would be fine and with washroom next to it frees up plenty of space at front.

I agree, I just kept coming back to the Kingham whilst I was searching, and if I ever find a lady to join me on my travels, I'll just have to get something bigger. ;)

That'll be big enough for a few years. Great layout like the settee an the bed / washroom take it theres storage under the bed
1590006795028.png

Yeah, I'm not into anything that requires me to carry loads of equipment etc. so should be fine. But I got one with a tow bar and bike carrier fitted just in case. :)

Looks fab ,dont worry about colour as i was once told you never see it when driving,i would not let the dog in there with you as it may get flees from you LOL happy days and health to wear. (y)

If I ever find a lady to join me on my travels, I'll just have to get something bigger. ;)

Nice van and by the way, according to my experiences there is no need for a larger van when you find another lady............ There are 2 of us plus 3 Spaniels all packed away inside our LWB Renault Master self built conversion and for us there is more than enough room and they are so easy to drive anywhere unlike so many other truly massive MoHo's!
All of us.jpg

I'll be interested to hear how you get on with the Kingham.

I've spent ages researching van conversions in anticipation of downsizing from my large coachbuilt in due course.

The Kingham is the only option that looks viable to me.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back