It's Happening every where

witzend

It's Happening every where and reading some of the Comments it's Expats doing the complaining

It's Happening every where and reading some of the Comments it's Expats doing the complaining

Just read this in our local paper .
The photos are taken on a spectacular surfing beach, at peak season , possibly from an archive.
They are the same vans, taken from front and back.
They are parked up closely , many of them are just barely converted vans, for the surf dudes
This is a classic example of a worst case scenario picture. . We'll done the Photo Editor. The paper is aimed at the expat community, here and it's designed to re-enforce their readers biased opinions.
However, The beach is in the National park. If the vans overnight there, they are stupid, lazy and or ignorant.
Everyone who drives down here should be well aware that you don't overnight in National Parks.. Especially in popular places at peak times.
If they get fined, They bloody well deserve it.
You wouldn't expect to wildcamp on San Tropez or Copacabana Beach, would you...?

usual load of old bollox from the moaning ex-pats' local rag . i've never met such a load of griping whiners as the ex-pats in Portugal . they hate everything . they sit in bars all day moaning about the Portuguese [who they wittily refer to as pork'n'cheese -geddit ? ] , tourists, young people and everything and anything in UK ,which has gone to the dogs since they left . you don't see them outside much ,so they rely on these sort of articles for their info. i suspect a lot of them regret moving abroad ,but have burnt their bridges and are deeply unhappy.
i forgot to add - the Portuguese are inveterate litterers and drop what they no longer need without a second thought . for them ,crapping al fresco is totally normal ,and it's only since bogroll became available and affordable that it's become such a problem . often ,the rural laybys where families stop for lunch are ankle deep in rubbish from their meals,and surrounding vegetation hides many a smelly dump !
but us older brits had the advantage of growing up in the middle of a very successful anti-litter campaign , the effects of which can still be seen in our offspring , though i must say our grandkids could probably do with another campaign !
Mr Brown! You are in danger of tarring all ex-pats & Portuguese with the same brush which is just what some do to us motorhomers...... There are many who dont sit in bars moaning and lots of litter conscious Portuguese. Just the same as lots of conscientious Brits and motorhomers :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back