Is it worth renewing CAMC membership

Vanterrier

Renewal due and they are asking full price for membership of a club which has no open sites and obviously cannot tell you when they will be open. A bit of a cheek I think.
Problem is I have insurance through them as well as greencard recovery, neither of which I will be using and no doubt both of which will again be full price to renew.
Now I dont mind supporting good causes by paying my way during difficult times but CAMC???
What do you all think?
K 🤔

Renewal due and they are asking full price for membership of a club which has no open sites and obviously cannot tell you when they will be open. A bit of a cheek I think.
Problem is I have insurance through them as well as greencard recovery, neither of which I will be using and no doubt both of which will again be full price to renew.
Now I dont mind supporting good causes by paying my way during difficult times but CAMC???
What do you all think?
K 🤔
When I left C&MC (over their appalling insurance scam) I was concerned about that.
I got in touch with Green Flag, who were happy to offer the same cover, at the same price, without the C&MC membership. I guess they wouldn't have to pay C&MC the commission, so it was a good deal for them.
I still cancelled at the end of the year, though. Nationwide met my needs rather better.

I'm not sure on CAMC, but C&CC are extending membership by however long sites are closed, so you might want ot check if they are doing the same.

agree with above ... we like the CL ans CS sites. So continuing to pay ... use it or loose it. If you can afford it (we have more money left at the end of the month as not paying for diesel or meals out), you can still make charitable donations.

We have been members of C&CC for 10 years...Very happy with their certified sites (not that we use them much).
Paid up in January so renewal about now in 2021 ?
May well use them more in 2021 with the 3 month limit in most of Europe
OR indeed Europe = No Go ?

Not renewing with CAMC. Still with C&CC till membership runs out. Use their sites so infrequently so was considering cancelling anyway. Easy economy to make

At less than £1 a week I can't see the saving keeping the wolf from the door.
All these things add up ...
lots of people will be members of the C&CC, CAMC, National Trust, English Heritage, etc, etc.

I am a member of two Archery clubs. I don't mind sucking up the membership cost of the local clubs as they are run by members on a volunteer basis anyway and are non-profit, plus any money not spent will stay in the kitty - but at one of them, some (most) of the money goes to Archery GB, who have stated they don't intend to refund or extend memberships despite not providing any services, but the management are taking a 20% pay cut (for doing what exactly at the moment?).
Should members of an organisation be grateful that while they are not getting any service, and are told to just suck up 100% loss of their money subs, the people who run it are missing just 20% of THEIR bung?

Everyone must do what they feel is right, just as people who have employed gardeners and cleaners on a cash in hand basis must consider whether just leaving them in the lurch is morally correct , after all it saves money.

Everyone must do what they feel is right, just as people who have employed gardeners and cleaners on a cash in hand basis must consider whether just leaving them in the lurch is morally correct , after all it saves money.
Absolutely right. And I have no moral obligation to CCC or CAMC whatsoever

I'm the same with my river license. I only have a small boat, but the river license is 400 odd quid per year and now due.

Due to restrictions, I am not allowed on the river and I can't get to the marina anyway as it is a leisure facility and quite rightly closed. I still have the bill from the Environment Agency though. I don't have a choice in this though as my boat, even though it is on a pond off of the main river in private grounds, because it is attached to the river the charge applies.

Same with the fishing license (also the Environment Agency) I bought mine in October last year but you are not allowed to go fishing at the moment but I doubt I will get a refund.

The EA did send me an Email this morning though asking if I needed to pay in installments in case CV was causing any financial difficulties!

I'm the same with my river license. I only have a small boat, but the river license is 400 odd quid per year and now due.

Due to restrictions, I am not allowed on the river and I can't get to the marina anyway as it is a leisure facility and quite rightly closed. I still have the bill from the Environment Agency though. I don't have a choice in this though as my boat, even though it is on a pond off of the main river in private grounds, because it is attached to the river the charge applies.

Same with the fishing license (also the Environment Agency) I bought mine in October last year but you are not allowed to go fishing at the moment but I doubt I will get a refund.

The EA did send me an Email this morning though asking if I needed to pay in installments in case CV was causing any financial difficulties!
Did they offer a good interest rate as well to ease the pain?

Did they offer a good interest rate as well to ease the pain?

They didn't mention that bit!

"Customers who are renewing their registration can get in touch with our Boat Registration team to discuss the payment options we can offer to help "

We are all different and our circumstances are no doubt different due to this crisis. I will renew my membership of the C&M club, because I want them to survive this, and to date I am not worse of financially because of this pandemic. As for the C&C club well they have postponed payments, I would have been happy to have paid them as well. Just one more opinion to add to the pot.

We are all different and our circumstances are no doubt different due to this crisis. I will renew my membership of the C&M club, because I want them to survive this, and to date I am not worse of financially because of this pandemic. As for the C&C club well they have postponed payments, I would have been happy to have paid them as well. Just one more opinion to add to the pot.

I think it largely depends on your interests and protecting them Bill. The term 'use it or lose it' is often used and could be now changed to 'finance it or lose it' so very much down to the individual really and how much they are concerned about providers going to the wall.

I am quite happy to pay my mooring fees to the marina, they are a family business and I don't want them to close down so I will continue. The Environment Agency are a government agency though, so I will question their practice of charging in full for a fraction of a service.

Hi all....we just in C&M club...will probably continue, wonder if there will be a stampede when sites and CL's reopen ?
Just a note....never been refused a CL regardless of which club affiliation...hey ho...roll on being able to use them !!
Maja

Hi all....we just in C&M club...will probably continue, wonder if there will be a stampede when sites and CL's reopen ?
Just a note....never been refused a CL regardless of which club affiliation...hey ho...roll on being able to use them !!
Maja

Try it Mark.

Most of them are far nicer than the bigger more regimented sites and often have very good facilities.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back