Is Astra 2 down tonight?

I can’t get the Oyster to log on. It was ok at lunchtime and I haven’t moved the van.

Hi
Can’t get Astra 2 tonight although 1 is ok on Oyster.
Any ideas?
rocket.png

I have Astra 2 OK, so suggest reviewing your set-up. Updates required? And of course check line of sight to satellite.

I've not noticed any breaks in transmissions from Astra2, but I'm not glued to the tv.

At least you and me, now 😀. Maybe your Sat-dish doesn't move, so has no choice.
TV is an Avtex, so it would presumably be designed to work with a portable receiver dish and LNB, such as the one I have :)

The point is ... the post would likely have got better and more useful responses if it was something like "cannot find any UK TV stations on my Oyster system, but german ones are found" (for example).
doesn't really matter if the dish is portable or not. the question was about a satellite transmitting or not.

Seems like a perfectly valid OP to me, losing Astra2 happens to many auto dishes every few years as the frequencies change. ATM I have a auto dish which won't lock on to Astra2 and cannot be upgraded, fortunately it will still lock on to Astra1, and then I can use the manual override to shift dish approx. 10deg east and a tad down.

Seems like a perfectly valid OP to me, losing Astra2 happens to many auto dishes every few years as the frequencies change. ATM I have a auto dish which won't lock on to Astra2 and cannot be upgraded, fortunately it will still lock on to Astra1, and then I can use the manual override to shift dish approx. 10deg east and a tad down.
Sounds a weird setup :)

Hi
Can’t get Astra 2 tonight although 1 is ok on Oyster.
Any ideas?
I dropped dish last night due electrical storms (in France right now) just this minute popped it back up, all good and viewing BBC breakfast news.
I have similar happen too, I call the company and if there have been satt changes Oyster tech will walk me through the new setup settings.
I’m no expert, if there have been satt freq changes, surely this would affect all of us with oyster 2 systems?

I’d give the company a call.

Sounds a weird setup :)
This is quite normal, for systems such as an Oyster 1, which has a manual facility. Oyster stopped supporting this system, several years ago, so the option is to either use the manual facility, or purchase a new control box for something like £600, or more.

I have a MegaSat 85cm auto dish, it normally locks on to Astra 2 very quickly, BUT I've been in France the last month and sometimes it 'loses it' and wont, even though I know it is in reception area, It's Ok South to about Toulouse area.
MegaSat do not have a manual option so you are snookered. However I have found setting it to Hot bird it will lock on and then going back to Astra 2 it locks on 😉.
Mine doesn't have Auto Skew so I have set it at mid position, though regret not getting this now.
I have yet to find anything on any other Satellite to watch. Is there?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back