Inverter advice needed

Iain55

Hi,
I have 2 electric bikes both different batteries.
The come with a 13 amp plug on their respective charging units.

I've been advised that I need an inverter.
Currently I have a standard 2 battery with 150w solar panel and the usual EHU/driving charging.

What inverter do I need to allow me to charge both bike batteries simultaneously ?
please send a link if you have a product in mind.

WE require the ampage draw from charger and a pure s wave may be required, do remember to go above the usage as many to close will shut down after a little time, so if charger is 5 amp that would at least require a 2000w constant run inverter to cover you for one bike, what i will say is trying to charge two bikes will pull the ass out of your battery and the van alt may start belt slipping at start up or low rpm, my van can just about handle a 600w unit.

An EBike charger takes about 9A out of your battery with an inverter but it can take a while to charge one. You are better charging batteries while on the move that way the leisure batteries don't suffer. Charging two together will take about 18A if the charger is on for 4 hours thats 72A used. Your panel will be working overtime to try and put that back in the battery. You need to time how long it takes to charge the battery and you can then work out what you need.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back