Introduction

emmadilemma123

Free Member
Hello from a rather damp Shropshire. I have been a member of this forum for a while but yesterday I upgraded my membership and then proceeded to pour over the POI map for several hours with great anticipation of all the potential sights for wild camping. As a family we have always wild camped - using a combination of sensitivity, instinct, and an old (rather dog-eared now) AA map. We currently own a 1986 VW T25 as our trusty ( and rusty) steed and generally gravitate to mid or North Wales when we get chance to get away.
This August finds us with a week's holiday to explore and wild camp. every year we volunteer as Stewards at the Green Man Festival in the Brecon beacons but of course, this- like countless other festivals, has been canceled.
I have always loved campervans. As a child our family spent several months driving across the USA in an RV- a Dodge Tioga.. as a family we then had Winnebagos and more recently an Airstream Motorhome. ( sadly irreparably damaged in a storm 2 years ago). Many a childhood summer was spent meandering around Europe with my family and a truly memorable 1980s holiday was an 8-week tour around Iceland in the aforementioned Tioga RV.
Oh yes- and btw we live in a small market town nestled in the hills, have a 14yr old son who is a musician, our 10 yr old lurcher plus I'm a voice coach and love everything voice-related :)
I suspect that in light of the COVID pandemic our travels will be more UK focused - previously we had taken advantage of cheap flights for short breaks on a shoestring. We work full time and don't get enough opportunities to travel but I'm looking forward to being a part of this "Wild Camping " Community. Hoping everyone is safe and well in these challenging times

Welcome to the wild side
Looks like you are certainly not a newbie to the wilding game.
We will value your input/ adventures.

Thanks for following me.
Please realise that I'm not under oath to tell the truth and nothing but the trurh.
Most of the lies I post here, may not be true.. but some truths might be unreliable.
I'm a wildcamper with over 60 years experience...
Or am I..?

Thanks for following me.
Please realise that I'm not under oath to tell the truth and nothing but the trurh.
Most of the lies I post here, may not be true.. but some truths might be unreliable.
I'm a wildcamper with over 60 years experience...
Or am I..?
hahahaha 😂

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back