Intermitant Intermitant wipers

lefty107

My intermitant wipers are intermitant. Before someone tells me they are working correctly I will elaborate . They will work 5 May be 6, some time 7 times and stop. If I turn them on constant they work fine then drop them down to intermitant and same again. I can also turn them off and back on again and the will run for a short time again. Any one amongst the accumulated knowledge out there have any idea where to start looking. My van is an old hobby 600 on a 2.8tdi fiat ducato.

Knackered wiper motor I expect.

I suspect your Hobby is based on the X244 Ducato. I have an X250 base and had a very similar problem. The electronics are inside the motor.

Thanks. Thought that might be the case. Shouldent be hard to source. Still a lot of non motorhome fists around.

My iveco wipers dont park,same cr-p.

This could be as simple as a dirty contact in the wiper motor that provides power to the motor unless it's in the park position. Potentially easy fix, unless you can't get to it! Also Sprinter ('96 vintage) had a normal relay that was responsible for park and intermittent, but I'm assuming your int works?

OP, Definitely sounds like the timer electronics are breaking down, I have no idea where that is though sorry. Is it the model that POI Admin mentioned above?

Depends on it's age, doesn't sound like a relay or wiper motor problem. More like the sort of tricks a "body control module" gets up to.
I guess once it's finished it's act you can turn the wipers off, and then back on again for it to repeat it's performance?

This could be as simple as a dirty contact in the wiper motor that provides power to the motor unless it's in the park position. Potentially easy fix, unless you can't get to it! Also Sprinter ('96 vintage) had a normal relay that was responsible for park and intermittent, but I'm assuming your int works?

OP, Definitely sounds like the timer electronics are breaking down, I have no idea where that is though sorry. Is it the model that POI Admin mentioned above?
Many i have fixed over the years,iveco units are well known for going tits up.

Not sure will have to check original manufactor number. Means I will have to stay home for a weekend 😡 Christmas say may be a day I might want to escape for an hour to the drive bah humbug 😀

Does anyone find wiper blades dont last these days or are of poor quailty,to soft or creeeeetch like hell as to hard,i have tried expensive and pound shop ones no differance.

Does anyone find wiper blades dont last these days or are of poor quailty,to soft or creeeeetch like hell as to hard,i have tried expensive and pound shop ones no differance.
There are different quality ones, mine are 10 years old now and they a fabulous :)
there like this sort of things,
Bosch Wiper Blade Set AM980S - Aero Twin Flat

Haven't tried the bosh ones but didn't find a differance with cheap or dear so home bargain 2 pairs. 1 pair on and 1 pair in garage for when they fail. Normally get about a year but at 1.99 not complaining. Just got to remember to keep the pair in the garage.

Apparently rubbing vinegar on blades stops the squeek. I will be trying this as soon as I can be arsed lol

My intermitant wipers are intermitant. They will work 5 May be 6, some time 7 times and stop.
So they work then they stop. If you leave them do they start again?
Reminded me of Father Dougal and the Christmas lights.

Not sure only discovered it when driving in light rain had to turn on full to see where I was going will leave on when parked and see.😊

Bit late but on my VW i had a similar problem and it was the wiper relay, purchase new one for about £7, bit scary when they would completely stop for about a minutes when set to continuous due to heavy downpour. :eek:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back