insuring a rear view camera

i have the receipt it is a top end product not wireless
I didn't suggest otherwise. I am saying that's what the replacement parts would cost. Not enough to justify a claim, even if you paid three times that much.

I didn't suggest otherwise. I am saying that's what the replacement parts would cost. Not enough to justify a claim, even if you paid three times that much.

fair enough good point. thanks. i think i may remove the monitor when not in use

Who would want to steal a £25 screen? What for? I've never ever removed my reversing camera screen and it seems to still be there.

Who would want to steal a £25 screen? What for? I've never ever removed my reversing camera screen and it seems to still be there.

i dont know what the screen costs. the whole unit was £200. i bought it. my choice. i wanted advice about insurance. thanks to those who did that.

All made in china just money added on by named sellers for suckers like us,buy direct.
reverse kit.png

I have taken a few of these to bits over the last few years. They all have the same cmos chip in them and all use the same plastic lenses. Sorry but the only bit about a top end camera is the price. Sounds like yours is one of the Snooper ones. One of the ones I took to bits cost me £250 ( Bit of a stitch up ) but I did get my money back in court and they told me to keep the camera as it was not working. As others have said if it's fitted with plugs on the cable then you can fit most cameras as a replacement.

Last edited:
i dont need anyone else telling me i should not have bought what i bought., 😡😡😡😡😡😡

if you cant address the original question then move on

I bought an expensive kit with a double camera about 5yrs ago, I paid approximately £250 but that included a 9" monitor which is permanently mounted instead of a rear view mirror, it was worth it because the image is still perfectly clear and I have never regretted paying that much for it, nobody has attempted to steal the cameras or the monitor, my insurance company (Saga) gave me a 10% discount because of the camera but I haven't asked them if it is covered for theft, they cover my laptop, TV, satellite boxes, binoculars and cameras so I cannot see why they wouldn't cover a reversing camera, my home insurance covers for personal items away from home so I might check that (also with Saga)

A replacement camera is £120 for this model so it is a lot cheaper than the excess I have to pay so in reality I would just replace it with the same camera at my expense
CAM222WNV_Twin_lens_CCD_reversing_camera_Sony_sensors.jpg
Twin lens CCD reversing camera with Sony 700 TVL CCD sensors

thanks tezza. my screen is 7" and a proper monitor with excellent screen definition. i can switch from the down camera to the behind camera and i can now park to 1" of a wall..... i bought mine from Revcam in Kent. i had a long chat about my requirements and this was their reccommendation. i am delighted with it.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back