Insurance - here we go again!

With Nfu,I used the Scarborough branch, I got the impression the dots and I,s of the policy were bespoke as ran it by underwriters, a refreshing difference to our computer says yes/no mr Channa.

Comfort & Breakdown

I used Breakdown cover for the first time last summer (2019)
First Time in Switzerland to Change a flat tyre.
The job was known and so a small van arrived and did the job
2nd Time in Belgium ..Engine would not start. So a full recovery vehicle arrived.
Man check all and could not fathom but I had a plug-in device which modified the Engine Management system.
So I got him to UNPLUG the device... ALL was then fine.
On both occasions timing was fine and both initial and follow up phone calls all good..I think it was THE AA then.

The additional fee about 50 smackers so all good IMO and experience

I think Im fine with 180 days in Europe in two visits ,,, one of 2 months, the other at 3 months.....but if I go over the 180 days, how does the company know I have had a previous visit??

You have to phone the Louth office as they know all a out motorhome policies.
Though I see you have gone with aib, so my reply is a little late.
NFU Louth have just told me that the maximum length covered for road rescue breakdown cover (provided by RAC) is 5.5 metres, which seems unusually short. Is this normal or some sort of aberration?

NFU Louth have just told me that the maximum length covered for road rescue breakdown cover (provided by RAC) is 5.5 metres, which seems unusually short. Is this normal or some sort of aberration?
If you Google rac motorhome eu breakdown cover you will see there is no size or weight restrictions .
A car policy ( lower cost) has restrictions so it really proves some employees dont have a clue what they are doing.

If you Google rac motorhome eu breakdown cover you will see there is no size or weight restrictions .
A car policy ( lower cost) has restrictions so it really proves some employees dont have a clue what they are doing.
It was even queried with the underwriters, who said that that is the max length. NFU Mutual quote was almost four times my renewal quote anyway, so the breakdown cover fades into insignificance!

It was even queried with the underwriters, who said that that is the max length. NFU Mutual quote was almost four times my renewal quote anyway, so the breakdown cover fades into insignificance!
Like I said, clueless:unsure:
I have just spent hours trying to convince shell energy I dont have a house and I no longer have an account with them . Account stopped in August.
I have had to send them the letter from our solicitor confirming the sale... bloody clueless :mad::mad::mad::mad:

just been on their website :unsure:
Even loaded the get a quote page.
Underwritten by Gefion Insurance Denmark

I was with comfort for two years, and they were ok.
but I contacted AIB and quoted my membership on here and I saved over £100.
I have been with them two years now, and now have both my car and Motorhome insured with them. Also with AIB I got more mileage, and when I insured the windscreen on our new van for £3500 instead of the usual £800 max, it only added £25 to my policy.
I know some on here don’t rate them, but to date I have no complaints.
Seems to me you have to keep changing, no such thing as customer loyalty. We’ve just gone with Comfort, £100 cheaper than AIB for us for identical terms and levels of cover.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back