Insurance - here we go again!

mariesnowgoose

Trying to sort out the insurance for this new-to-us Autosleeper camper.

Previous camper was insured with AXA via the Caravan Club. Haven't asked them for a quote just yet, but done a quick reccy first for fully comprehensive on go compare.com, but I haven't heard of any of the insurance companies in the subsequent quotes!

Anybody got any recommendations/suggestions of their own?

Only one to avoid frank pickles as they are based on the Isle of Man and not covered by the FCA/fsa guidelines of recourse should there be problems

Give Comfort a try.
A good policy underwritten by Aviva and at a fair price

Thanks, ***** - heard some bad stuff about Comfort elsewhere... the proof of the pudding is in how they handle a claim if you need one and not how much the policy costs?

Waiting just now to hear back from AIB and Adrian Flux. May also give AXA another shot this afternoon.

I was with comfort for two years, and they were ok.
but I contacted AIB and quoted my membership on here and I saved over £100.
I have been with them two years now, and now have both my car and Motorhome insured with them. Also with AIB I got more mileage, and when I insured the windscreen on our new van for £3500 instead of the usual £800 max, it only added £25 to my policy.
I know some on here don’t rate them, but to date I have no complaints.

Last edited:
I'm rather more interested in price than quality, on the premise that I'm insuring because the law says I have to. Last year Lancaster did a deal using Markerstudy (not famous for claims efficiency apparently) but grossly increased the premium this year so Adrian Flux were prepared to match last year's premium with Markerstudy again thereby beating inflation. AIB had my car last year but wanted too much this year so didn't get the chance to quote on the van this year.

Give Comfort a try.
A good policy underwritten by Aviva and at a fair price
Comfort have changed their breakdown provider, not sure how good they are now as not used them..... I have been with comfort for around 4 years but never had to phone them so I cant recommend them as such before that I used saga but their prices went to silly money.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back