If You Suddenly Had to Stop Motoring.?

Yeah.
But the climate..!
We have been back just 2 weeks after a 4 night visit to Yorkshire..
Lovely people, decent food... But the cold, damp, greyness and the polluted air exhausted us .
I'm sorry to say that we couldn't live there.
Our arthritic joints have only just stopped creaking.
If we didn't have loved ones there, we would have no incentive to ever visit again.

Well I have travelled a fair bit, not been everywhere but I have been about.
And the one thing that I love doing most is getting home. Not because I have not enjoyed my visit, but simply because I love where I was born and where I live.
I hate the weather at times, I find the winters harder and harder to deal with. The long nights and the wet and windy days can get to you. But where we live is in the doorstep of Europe, and Africa. Izzy loves New Zealand, and when I eventually get there I know I will to, but way down there you are so isolated, so far from everything else.
So sorry for being a complete bore, but I simply love Scotland, and I love my people, well most of us. The thought of leaving here and living anywhere else does not appeal to me. My favourite place well it’s Perth and Kinross about 30 miles away from me, I also love Stirling, Fife, I could go on. There are parts of England I love, that’s until I get into the car and realise there is to many people down there. Wales I love Wales. Ireland I feel at home in Ireland the people are funny, helpful, and great company. But I will die where I was born.
You are a lucky man to be so content. (y) But if I knew where I was going to die I would never go there.;)

Bill and I recently looked at moving to the east coast of Yorkshire we did a lot of research into buying a small bungalow somewhere to park the MH but the one thing that stopped us is the medication that I am on for my RA it seems it’s a postcode lottery and I would not be guaranteed that another local NHS would pay the exorbitant price it costs that would most definitely put me back in a wheelchair so we will be staying put purely for that reason. 😔😔
I find that very selfish of you Annie, as Bill is about to retire....! 🤣🤣🤣

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back