I will not buy a lottery ticket this week.

r4dent

Many of you will know my sad story that started back in October 2019.

After an 8 week Spanish trip we spent a night on the quayside at Bilbao and boarded the early morning ferry to the UK.
My wife wasn't feeling 100% and went down hill once we were on board. The ship's doctor declared her unfit to travel and the ferry returned to port.
Two ambulances and two full emergency teams boarded the ferry and we were taken to the hospital under Blues & Twos (the MoHo stayed on board and the purser was given the keys).

After a very stressful couple of weeks she was discharged. Britanny Ferries had returned the Moho to Bilbao and stored it in a high security area. Unfortunately, BF were having problems and could not offer us a sailing from Spain or France to the UK for at least 6 weeks. Part of the conditions of my wife being allowed out of hospital was that we assured them she would go to a UK hospital asap. So, reluctantly, we opted for a motorway dash through France to the Tunnel.

We had only been on the road for a few hours when a Spanish truck rear ended us. This wrote off my motorcycle and trailer and damaged the MoHo.
After 5 hours at the site of the accident and stretching our Spanish to the limit talking to Police and recovery operators we were able to resume the journey (MoHo only). We eventually arrived in the UK, after a most unpleasant and arduous drive, only to be stationary on the M20 for 3 hours when refugees abandoned a lorry six vehicles in front of us.

By December 2019 the MoHo repairs had been approved (£8k) and parts ordered.

With one thing and another the parts were delayed time and time again. About the only good news was that they were not on "Ever Given".

Eventually the parts arrived and the repairs commenced a couple of weeks ago, (nearly 20 months after order) with an estimated completion date early this week.

This morning the phone rang and caller-id showed it to be the repairers. Joy of Joys!

Three quarters of their staff have shown CV symptoms and have tested positive. The workshop is closed.

Like I said, no lottery ticket for me this week.

Never mint the van I hope the better half is on the mend, keep your head up as things will get better. (y)
Thanks for the thoughts. Things did get worse back in the UK with her visiting various hospitals for the following 6 months or so but she is fine now.

We had a tour planned for when we got the van back, so far we've cancelled the first couple of days and are crossing our fingers for the rest.

Thanks for the thoughts. Things did get worse back in the UK with her visiting various hospitals for the following 6 months or so but she is fine now.

We had a tour planned for when we got the van back, so far we've cancelled the first couple of days and are crossing our fingers for the rest.
Thank heavens, anyway stop putting stuff in here tea and changing the will. 😂 (y)

Thats a real tough story. Hope all gets sorted asap. My little Panda Cross killed a expensive Vauxhall SUV. Not as tough as they look. Sadly my little Pand needed a Intercooler from Italy. Its now taken three weeks when i could have got one of EBAY for £30. Anyway, not a patch on your rotton luck. You will be back on the road soon!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back