I must just be a miserable beggar!

linkshouse

The photo below is from an article on the BBC website about people injured on Dursley’s Door yesterday.

Looking at the photo I reckon the people aren’t 2m apart, but...

I’d have to say lockdown or not, you couldn’t pay me to go on a beach with that many people on it! Why would anyone want to set their stall out, sit back and relax - right next to a total stranger?

I know, I know, I’m a miserable beggar!:eek:

07DB1D1A-61CB-4493-897D-CE024DA6E596.jpeg

campervanannie

The thing is do we know that is a recent photo I’ve seen so many now on Facebook where people have brought up the same pictures from last year it just makes me mistrust any photos published.

Asterix

After that photo was taken the cops moved everyone to the middle of the beach and landed a chopper at each end,they were packed in like sardines. The beach was eventually cleared and closed.

Fisherman

The photo below is from an article on the BBC website about people injured on Dursley’s Door yesterday.

I’d have to say lockdown or not, you couldn’t pay me to go on a beach with that many people on it! Why would anyone want to set their stall out, sit back and relax - right next to a total stranger?

View attachment 82522
One of the few things I like about us is our differences, without them how boring would we all be. You may not get what they are doing phill, but some of them don’t get what you enjoy either. Why would anyone want to spend a day in a beech full of people, well playing devils advocate, why would anyone want to head out to the boring countryside next to boring hills, and a boring Loch, miles away from everything with no internet or tv, they must be nuts :)

Just be grateful for our differences phil, because if all those on that beech suddenly decided they liked what you do, your remote solitude would become a memory.

Last edited:

linkshouse

One of the few things I like about us is our differences, without them how boring would we all be. You may not get what they are doing phill, but some of them don’t get what you enjoy either. Why would anyone want to spend a day in a beech full of people, well playing devils advocate, why would anyone want to head out to the boring countryside next to boring hills, and a boring Loch, miles away from everything with no internet or tv, they must be nuts :)

Just be grateful for our differences phil, because if all those on that beech suddenly decided they liked what you do, your remote solitude would become a memory.
Absolutely, hence the title of my post. I know it's me :rolleyes:

Phill

Fisherman

Absolutely, hence the title of my post. I know it's me :rolleyes:

Phill
Nout wring with what you do phill, and in normal times nout wrong with what they are doing. Given the choice, we’ll I will follow you to some rural idyllic spot. I hate crowds to, hence why I support Partick Thistle we don’t get big crowds at Firhill :(

izwozral

Nout wring with what you do phill, and in normal times nout wrong with what they are doing. Given the choice, we’ll I will follow you to some rural idyllic spot. I hate crowds to, hence why I support Partick Thistle we don’t get big crowds at Firhill :(
I never took you for a masochist Bill.

delicagirl

3 young men were injured from jumping off cliffs... tombstoning its called ... two seriously and a woman with an injured ankle was also taken to hospital. if these tombstoners had to pay for the helicopter they might not do it again......

mark61

View attachment 82522
Me too. Most of the time I'd prefer to sit in solitude, with my feet in a puddle, rather than go to a crowded place like that.

Once in a blue moon I'll go check out the crowded places, just to confirm I'm not missing anything. :)

channa

Non league football in England can throw up some surprises local side Garforth town fielded Socrates for a month , blustery November afternoon and eventually the dulcimer tones proclaimed “ no 3 gavin Heckingbottom replaced by no ? Socrates ....like something from last of the summer wine. Roy Clarke would have been proud of that line.

North of the border, er in doors who is a Scot ..has followed Hamilton Academical......

ricc

beaches are bound to be crowded, every one who would have flown to greek islands , spain, portugal, caribean etc for their 2 weeks roasting is heading for our beaches whilst the sun is shining.

izwozral

3 young men were injured from jumping off cliffs... tombstoning its called ... two seriously and a woman with an injured ankle was also taken to hospital. if these tombstoners had to pay for the helicopter they might not do it again......
Problem with that Delish is where do you draw the line, rock climbing, skiing, hill walking, surfing, even your old sport, caving all carry an element of risk and as you know it can lead to tragic consequences.

Tombstoning or as it is better known, cliff diving, has been around for many many decades, the problem is when you get young foolhardy, possibly inebriated idiots who want to impress their mates.
The problem with this activity, it is available to anybody who is stupid enough or brave enough, it has no personal financial cost to the participant other than travel cost to get to a location.

Really is a difficult one to call, today's tombstoner could be tomorrows world champion cliff diver, it would be unfair to effectively single out any one sport.

trevskoda

Me too. Most of the time I'd prefer to sit in solitude, with my feet in a puddle, rather than go to a crowded place like that.

Once in a blue moon I'll go check out the crowded places, just to confirm I'm not missing anything. :)
Lazy sod ,try getting up and go to the loo,feet in a puddle :oops:😂

Asterix

The Guardian had a story today saying that Durdle Door and all access roads have been closed. The local Bournemouth rag has just reported that police and coastguard are there for an injured person that had been jumping off the arch.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)