I must have a suspicious mind

antiquesam

One day last week a well dressed Irishman knocked on the door and asked if my van was for sale for a very good price. He kept on about paying me what I paid for it eight years ago. It was for his father who wanted a smaller van. I declined his kind offer but expected it would be gone by morning, thinking why does he want a 25 year old van.
A week on and it's still parked outside so my suspicions were unfounded.

He could have been knocking at your door to see if anybody was home and using the van buying as an excuse to be there, or just getting a better idea of the layout of the house and driveway. I’ve heard many stories similar and they all seem to be Irish people for some reason...
I would just be extra careful for a couple of more weeks.

I have had someone similar knock on my door twice, different men but both Irish

Same thing happened to me years ago, two nights later vans alarm went off at 3 am, I couldn't see anything wrong when I went out and looked, I rest the alarm and went back to bed, when I went out to go to work I found the drivers side 1/4 light smashed, might have been coincidence but I don't think so.

Whats happening is there kids dont do a trailer test for caravans anymore so vans is there way these days, plus being smart there always looking a fast turn on things folks want, they do pay well
Years back before 2008 slump my house was worth about £180 grand, Big daddy traveler who lives round the corner and was on tv offered me 250 g in hand.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back