I don't believe it !

This stuff drives me crackers. I have kind of had to get stuck in and learn about it this year though as firstly my pension company "Equitable life" which I had from my old job yonks ago got taken over by Utmost and I also had a chunk of money in a FTSE 100 All index ISA with Legal and General that also got transferred to another company this year. The whole thing drove me nuts trying to understand it all. I was woken up to it all when I got a statement in March that showed how much my FTSE ISA had lost due to Covid. I also had to decide what funds to put my three Pensions that got transferred into but I think I played a blinder with that one by luck more than good management. They got taken over back end of last year and as I couldnt decide WTF to do I just said to put it into safe cash until I was forced to make a decision in July this year. For reasons I know not part of the transfer from Equitable Life included an uplift amount which for me turned out to be £21k and as the rest of the pot was in safe cash until I decided what to do with it so I guess it survived the Covid March crash and could then be invested in July into funds while the markets were low.

Now I really should be deciding what to do with it and Mrs D's separate money going forward but I still dont have a clue really. Its alright people making recommendations of Financial advisors but I had two visit here that were recommended and I wouldnt trust them as far as I could have thrown them. Ive dealt with that many dodgy "account managers" over the years in business I just have a big issue with trust now.

Anyone trying to tell you how to invest are talking cr-p, because they should be squillion up themselves if it were all true, buy sell yourself and in small amounts in cars art antiques etc, learn the game and play small & safe. ;)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back