HSE Bogus Covid Inspection email

1807truckman

I've just received this email supposedly from HSE.

33649546.jpg
Health and safety spot checks and inspections during coronavirus (COVID-19)
The Health and Safety Executive is carrying out spot checks and inspections on all types of businesses in all areas to ensure they are COVID-secure.

We are making calls so we can give expert advice on how to manage the risks and protect workers, customers and visitors. We are also working closely with local authorities, assisting them in the sectors they regulate such as hospitality and retail.
By calling and visiting premises and speaking directly to employers, we can check the measures they've put in place are in line with government guidance.

Inspectors will make COVID-secure checks as part of their normal role in visiting workplaces during the pandemic. To ensure we reach as many workplaces as possible nationally and support the core work of our inspectors, we are working with trained and approved partners to deliver the spot check calls and visits.
We are planning to visit (spot check) your premises: 9 AM, 19/03/2021
Please follow The guidance to find the required documents. This is legal requirement.
Yours sincerely,

Mark J. Burrows

HSE Manager
telephone: 0300 790 6787
Monday to Friday 8:30am to 5pm

Health and Safety Executive
Redgrave Court
Merton Road
Bootle
Merseyside
L20 7HS​
The HSE logo cannot be reproduced without the prior written permission of the Health and Safety Executive. Any enquiries regarding the use of Crown material should be sent to psi@nationalarchives.gsi.gov.uk.​
The link is for hunnybunnygifts I haven't clicked on the link.

Having checked the HSE website I found this.

Bogus email not from HSE
HSE is aware businesses may have received a bogus email from Mark J. Burrows claiming to be from HSE. We are investigating the source of these emails and the content should be ignored. Please don’t open any attached files or follow any links. There is no need to contact HSE.

The HSE are obviously aware of this email, the thing is I'm not a business so it's a scam for sure.

It probably means there will be several businesses frantically cleaning up their act, which isn't necessarily a bad thing:oops:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back