how to wear the mask

mariesnowgoose

Science or no science I think it has to help to some extent.

Anything that blocks your spittle or sneezes from travelling any distance through the air.

Anyway, where is the exact scientific explanation that says it doesn't work?
I haven't seen anything on mainstream media. Stretches from mis-information to no information with every shade in between.

We were told smoking and asbestos was harmless, for example, plus gawd knows how many other things over the years were/weren't harmful.

Common sense? Doesn't hurt to wear one, so what's to lose?

n brown

there's a basic human survival tool that explains people not wearing masks or vaccinating their kids . it's the law of 'it'll never happen to me ,it'll always happen to the next bloke''
this is an extremely useful tool , and it's what makes us brave enough to go ''over the top'' and rescue kids being attacked by dogs etc . unfortunately , mix that with a normally praiseworthy refusal to be ordered around and an inability to grasp the reality of the situation , i'm afraid there'll always be people who refuse to do what most of us feel is the right thing . as long as the majority go along with it , it should work !

Hallmut

Just called in to my local Spar (I won't go in larger supermarkets yet), and talking to the staff there is about a 50/50 split with regards to mask wearing. It's a start I suppose.

mark61

Round here people seem to be following rules in larger shops, no one wearing them in small independents. Have been to 3 petrol stations since rule came in, no one wearing them there either, which was a surprise.
My mask didn't stop the stench in the loo's though, on whichever service stn on the M1 it was.

bedonwheels

When out sunday up antrim coast a icecream van was serving in a car park,lady had no cloves mask or barrier ,and coughing over the ice cream pot,i kid you not,folk here think its a joke or now cone away.
No cloves? It's not a proper ice cream without a clove or two :) Cone away indeed!

trevskoda

About 2% wearing masks here,most older folk and the odd you girls,prob nurses or health workers who know the drill.