How I get Unlimited Data for £15 per month

I have a wifi sniffer code breaker router so i can use anyones wifi for free,it cost £15 from china,i may install in van and use a 12v pc or laptop.
Problem is i put it in the loft a few weeks back and dam canny find it again. 😩
Did you ever try using it? I seriously doubt it would work. It's almost impossible with the full processing power of a computer.
Even if it did, it's illegal. More or less the same as mugging a pensioner and using the proceeds to buy connectivity.

I have gone through Quidco today and signed the wife up to Three, unlimited Data, minutes and text for £18.00 per month plus you get £62.50 cash back in several months. It's a quick deal and it's a 12 month contract. Just need to sack Three from my phone and get a good deal with either EE or Vodaphone in February.

Did you ever try using it? I seriously doubt it would work. It's almost impossible with the full processing power of a computer.
Even if it did, it's illegal. More or less the same as mugging a pensioner and using the proceeds to buy connectivity.
Thats my next to do thing,if it works well and good,if it dont it still can go in the van for normal free wifi. :)cheap at 15 bucks.

Thats my next to do thing,if it works well and good,if it dont it still can go in the van for normal free wifi. :)cheap at 15 bucks.
I used to use one when encryption was just WPA but I didn't use it on household wifi, it worked then so if anyone hasn't upgraded to WPA2 (and there is a lot) it will still work, not legal but unless they are paying per MB it is a victimless crime, not sure that is still OK though

I've gone through Quidco (£70 cashback) today for a EE 12 month unlimited for £34 a month, which is dearer BUT there is no usage cap for roaming. My Vodafone phone sim is unlimited but only 25GB roaming.
I need the GBs to earn a few bucks whilst travelling.
My old Voda deal was 100GB with no cap for roaming, when they called me and sold me the unlimited deal they said it was the same as my old deal, but of course a few months later I found out there is now a fair usage cap! It's a bloody minefield sorting out a decent deal that gives you all you need.

I've gone through Quidco (£70 cashback) today for a EE 12 month unlimited for £34 a month, which is dearer BUT there is no usage cap for roaming. My Vodafone phone sim is unlimited but only 25GB roaming.
I need the GBs to earn a few bucks whilst travelling.
My old Voda deal was 100GB with no cap for roaming, when they called me and sold me the unlimited deal they said it was the same as my old deal, but of course a few months later I found out there is now a fair usage cap! It's a bloody minefield sorting out a decent deal that gives you all you need.

Are you sure there`s no " usage cap " on EE when roaming in the EU ?

Their terms and conditions suggest different, 15GB https://ee.co.uk/content/dam/ee-help/help-pdfs/roaming-for-paym-customers-20180202-0918.pdf

More info here https://ee.co.uk/help/help-new/roam...at-is-a-data-roaming-cap-and-how-does-it-work

Screenshot (31).png

Last edited:
I'd be cautious and read the small print,.

AFAIK no current UK| contracts give you more than 19 or 20 Gbytes/month when abroad, and they usually have detection to see that you are using it more often when abroad than when at home and will cut you off if you abuse it. Certainly Three do this. After two months abroad they just switch it off.

I use a Three unlimited contract, it's not perfect, they have roaming partners elsewhere but it is frustrating when you can see good signals from other networks yet Three cannot use them. In the UK where you may hammer it, unlimited everything, It's only as good as the signal coverage, which is not as comprehensive as you might wish. They used to partner with EE to fill in poor areas, but that agreement ceased many years ago.

I have to have both a Three SIM, and an EE one, to ensure voice and data in one area where I have a property. My 'phone has dual SIM slots and tethers very well, as a WiFi hotspot. Not looking to install a standalone modem/router.

Three is generally quite good in the UK, but other networks are better. You might be surprised how often voice calls fall back to 2G (GSM). Three just don't have that network, never have. All the others still do.

Last edited:
SIM Only Deal

12 Month SIM Only

Our mighty EE SIMs gives you data allowance with unlimited mins and texts, which you can use anywhere in the EU at no extra cost (RPI changes apply).

Essential Plan
Unlt'd
Data

Unlimited mins & texts
EU roaming*
Enjoy the fastest 4G in the UK
Pay Today:

£0.00
Pay Monthly:

£34.00
Buy now

The legal bit
The monthly price shown will be increased every year from March (starting March 2019) by an amount equal to the increase in the Retail Price Index. Annual price increase based on the full price of your plan and/or additional commitment service. Please note the cost of additional services you take from us may increase or decrease while you’re an EE customer.
*EU roaming: You can use your full plan allowance of mins, texts and data in the EU.
EU countries: Our Europe Zone presently includes:, Austria, Azores, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus*, Czech Republic, Canary Islands, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, French Guiana, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Guadeloupe, Guernsey, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Isle of Man, Italy, Jersey, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Madeira, Malta, Martinique, Mayotte, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Réunion Islands, Romania, San Marino, Saint Martin (French), Saint Barthélemy, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Vatican City (Italy).
*Note Turkey (you may connect to a Turkish network when in Northern Cyprus) and Andorra are outside the EU/EEA and not included in our European Roaming Zone. Therefore any calls made from either of these countries, or from Northern Cyprus if connected to a Turkish network will be chargeable.....

Dream on and read the small print. Outwith the UK I predict that there will be data restrictions of the order of 19 to 20 Gbyte/month, and if they catch you regularly using it more abroad than in UK, disconnection. This is real, not theory. Look for "fair usage policy" in the details.

I can't be bothered to investigate further. Besides 20Gbytes/month is much more than I need.

The site owner boasts of using over 200 Gbyte plus per month. OK, maybe he does, theoretically you can maybe consume 1 Terabyte over a Three connection, running continuously, flat out, and doing something useful with all that data. Streaming e.g. Netflix using go-binge, is another matter.

Last edited:
Sharpie, thanks for sowing the seed of doubt in my head, as today i phoned EE to confirm data usage and as you said it is capped at 15gb.
Funnily enough the page that i posted has been changed so maybe i wasn't the only one fooled by it.
So i've cancelled.

Sharpie, thanks for sowing the seed of doubt in my head, as today i phoned EE to confirm data usage and as you said it is capped at 15gb.
Funnily enough the page that i posted has been changed so maybe i wasn't the only one fooled by it.
So i've cancelled.
When I had an EE 40GB sim-only contract, when I rang them to ask, they seemed a bit unsure about whether or not it was capped at 15GB.
I did use more than 15GB in a month in France, and it carried on working.
EE is not great for roaming in France. Seems that you can't roam with all the French networks. EE is great in the UK.
I use Three because it is much cheaper for unlimited data or anything over 100GB.
Three is slower but still perfectly good enough. The latency is a bit high though. Double the latency I got on EE.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back