How I get Unlimited Data for £15 per month

Just watched this. Very useful video Phil. What pricked my ears up though was you stating that you can now put mobile sims with unlimited plans in data devices like 4g routers. This could be extremely useful up here where Broadband is a bit patchy. I have a client with three sites and the only way they can get broadband via 4g is with Vodafone but Vodafones data packages are not unlimited and they use a lot of data. None of the other providers like 3 etc have decent coverage.

If your saying I can put a fifteen quid a month mobile sim in their 4g router and it will work that could be a game changer for them. I do wonder if there will be any fair usage policies though as they will hammer it.

Love the idea of the USB and SD card slots on that router as well so you can stream movies etc, store files and share them like a little NAS drive. Is it all 12v?

I just watched your video. Great! We have one further requirement we want to be able to move the router between the camper and our house as we have no landline at our house due to the amount of time we are away and relative poverty! So can you recommend a different aerial to connect to the router when in the house. Unfortunately the mast we can see out of our back window does not emit 3 mobile only ee but 3 is close enough.

I just watched your video. Great! We have one further requirement we want to be able to move the router between the camper and our house as we have no landline at our house due to the amount of time we are away and relative poverty! So can you recommend a different aerial to connect to the router when in the house. Unfortunately the mast we can see out of our back window does not emit 3 mobile only ee but 3 is close enough.
If you are in a fixed location then I would use a directional atenna .

Just watched this. Very useful video Phil. What pricked my ears up though was you stating that you can now put mobile sims with unlimited plans in data devices like 4g routers. This could be extremely useful up here where Broadband is a bit patchy. I have a client with three sites and the only way they can get broadband via 4g is with Vodafone but Vodafones data packages are not unlimited and they use a lot of data. None of the other providers like 3 etc have decent coverage.

If your saying I can put a fifteen quid a month mobile sim in their 4g router and it will work that could be a game changer for them. I do wonder if there will be any fair usage policies though as they will hammer it.

Love the idea of the USB and SD card slots on that router as well so you can stream movies etc, store files and share them like a little NAS drive. Is it all 12v?
It runs on 9-30v DC.

For anybody following the links under the video the 'quido.com' is a typo and should be 'quidco.com' as Phil said.
:)

I watched the video but peed off that you posted it 2 weeks too late but I got a great deal anyway from 3 unlimited data, calls and text + go roaming and go binge all for £18 a month on a 12 mth contract £15 would have been better 😂😂😂

If it cheers you up Annie last week went ee 100gb unlimited calls texts for 20 squids on a 12 month contract ...for a further 8£ the deal mirrors to a family member ( great if I had one) I am still in the cooling off period so may change 3 quid is in reality 36 pounds over the next year so pays for a weeks shopping

I traditionally have used 37 go prr month so 100 should be adequate typing this on a iPad my laptop flunked and just use the phone as a hotspot

We mainly tour the Scottish Highlands (particularly the West) and according to their web site, Three coverage is very poor there. Shame, looks like we'll be sticking with EE, it's only five quid more but as Campervanannie says, it all adds up.

If you are in a fixed location then I would use a directional atenna .
Is there an equivalent directional aerial With the 5 cables as your suggested omni? Or I suppose the Wi-Fi aerials would be better inside the house and the gps has no function when static.

When we toured France, Spain and Portugal we had an O2 SIM, but because we spent November and December in Spain before flying home for the Christmas period as soon as we went back to Spain mid January we received a text saying that we would be charged for our data after a few weeks as they say you can only use it for 2 months out of 4 in the EU, so I have given them notice in December, not renewing with them. My phone also hasThree unlimited sim and I also got a Vodaphone sim with 50 GB usage on a 30 day rolling contract to use when abroad, I cancelled it on our return to save costs, I must say the Vodaphone network out performed the other two practically everywhere we went, my cousin came out to stay with us on the urburnisation in Spain and he was with EE but he couldn't get a signal inside and a very weak signal in the garden.

I have since been told about Voxi that uses the Vodaphone network and you can get unlimited data minutes and texts for £30.00 a month which is £10.00 more than three, it's on a 30 day rolling contract that you can cancel at any time and you can swap your data allowance monthly to save costs.

My question is anyone on the Vodaphone network who is using it in the UK as I'm just wondering what it performs like, I have been with three for years but have noticed it getting slower this last 12 months and my contract is due for renewal in February, just wondering whether to change network or not.

I`ve been with Three for many many years and last years ( 2019 ) roaming in France and a little bit of Spain was the best ever with an excellent 4G 99% of the time.

The best way IMHO is to manually select the roaming partner if you`re not happy with the automatically selected one.

By far the best two roaming partners on Three are F SFR in France and Movistar in Spain. The automatically selected ones where very very poor in comparison.

I have been with three for years but have noticed it getting slower this last 12 months and my contract is due for renewal in February, just wondering whether to change network or not.
I ran a few speedtests on my laptop yesterday, on Virgin I was getting 102Mbps, then I ran a test on 3 using a Huawei B535 Router, I was getting 54Mbps so I was quite pleased with that, today it is a bit slower but still getting 28.57
speedtest.jpg

I`ve been with Three for many many years and last years ( 2019 ) roaming in France and a little bit of Spain was the best ever with an excellent 4G 99% of the time.

The best way IMHO is to manually select the roaming partner if you`re not happy with the automatically selected one.

By far the best two roaming partners on Three are F SFR in France and Movistar in Spain. The automatically selected ones where very very poor in comparison.

Thanks for that tip, I will try it, Three is still the best for value network so might swap the wife's phone to Three unlimited data from O2 so that hopefully she gets the Quidco cashback as a new customer. I then might sack my three contract off and go with Vodaphone on there VoXi rolling 30 day contract, don't like all my eggs to be in the same basket, hopefully we will have a signal with one of the networks on our travels then. I believe you can also get a smarty SIM which is good value and on the Three network and again it is on a 30 day rolling contract, so could be handy if you want extra GBs of Data whilst in the EU as they limit the amount of GBs you get whilst out of the UK.

I ran a few speedtests on my laptop yesterday, on Virgin I was getting 102Mbps, then I ran a test on 3 using a Huawei B535 Router, I was getting 54Mbps so I was quite pleased with that, today it is a bit slower but still getting 28.57
View attachment 75403
In Blackpool were I am mostly based there signal has been getting worse on three, some streets in the town centre I struggle to get internet at all, I have rung them up and they have told me to just set my phone manually to except 2g and 3 g only and forget 4g, this works to some degree, but one would think you could leave your phone on auto to use 2g,3g,4g automatically. As I said I have been with them for years and I have been disappointed this last 12 months, perhaps because it is by far the cheapest network they have to many customers eating up the data slowing things down.

In my experience, Three coverage is less good then EE but it's OK. Data speed is much lower on Three than EE and the latency is much higher on Three.
In my opinion, Three is generally "good enough", compared to generally "excellent" EE.
Although the IP is a public routeable one, it changes all the time on Three, even when you stay on the same cell on the same base.
On the other hand, roaming in France, Three gives a better choice of roaming partners then EE does.

I want to dump Virgin broadband at £60 for TV package and broad with a home phone which is never used neither the TV wanted either.
Can I do this system and have an aerial at home as well to give me broadband there as well as the van?

I have a wifi sniffer code breaker router so i can use anyones wifi for free,it cost £15 from china,i may install in van and use a 12v pc or laptop.
Problem is i put it in the loft a few weeks back and dam canny find it again. 😩

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back