How Brexit will affect your car insurance

Thank you, Caledonia. I have had a very nice day so far - an afternoon in the wonderful city of Toledo coupled with a resounding win for England over Australia and some pretty good news from Westminster too. Hope yours wasn't too disappointing :)
Glad to hear your having a nice time in Spain and are pleased about happenings in Westminster. Your probably relying on media reports so out of touch with the mood of the majority of the population who voted in the referendum to leave the EU and the significant number of those who voted to remain that are dismayed that the elected representatives in parliament are voting to ignore a democratic decision. They ,the mps, are well aware of the mood of the country as evidenced by their refusal to grant us plebs a general election to get rid of them and hopefully vote in a new lot that respects democracy and the will of the people.
Hope you continue to enjoy your time abroad.

• Funny
Reactions: Dek
Glad to hear your having a nice time in Spain and are pleased about happenings in Westminster. Your probably relying on media reports so out of touch with the mood of the majority of the population who voted in the referendum to leave the EU and the significant number of those who voted to remain that are dismayed that the elected representatives in parliament are voting to ignore a democratic decision. They ,the mps, are well aware of the mood of the country as evidenced by their refusal to grant us plebs a general election to get rid of them and hopefully vote in a new lot that respects democracy and the will of the people.
Hope you continue to enjoy your time abroad.

Thank you - but you are wrong about where I get my information from. First, my views are based on what I think is right, not on what the majority of others may or may not be thinking. Second, the vast majority of recent opinion polls show that most people now support Remain. There is also increasing support, both among the public and in Parliament, for a second referendum (personally, I don't support that). Third, this thread is supposed to be about motoring in the EU after Brexit - I get my information about that from EU and Government documents. Finally, I rarely believe anything that claims "the will of the people" is on its side. What the author usually means is his/her will. That is the problem with addressing a complicated question with a yes/no alternative - it seems to give all and sundry the opportunity to claim that everybody who voted the same way as them did so for the same reasons and with the same end in mind. Poll after poll has shown that is not the case.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back