Hot water bottle

mjvw

Used to have one when i was young............but was looking for something for use in the camper to make things a bit more cosy during these winter nights when away, so went retro and bought a couple of hot water bottles one with furry cover for the better half and a knitted jacket cover on mine just love them they just take the edge off.

We use hot water bottles all the time! Great if you have bad back/ hips/ knees....and warm the bed. Much underrated in my opinion. Also leave them in the bed till getting washed in the morning and the water is usually hot enough for a decent sluice down, without putting the kettle on!

Always pays to be prepared.
Snowy.jpg

Unlike the old stone pigs when you kick them out of bed they don’t crack when they hit the floor. Also the old ribbed aluminum ones that burned you as soon as you touched them,certainly brings back memory’s.

Reactions: REC
Last time I used a hot water bottle my mum put it in my bed.
There was no central heating or electric blankets then.
We really are a bunch of softies on here :)
I remember gran buying electric blankets in the sixties as we to had no c heating,old folk thought it was bad for you,at least thats what i was told.

As a nipper I slept in a bed with a sheet, 2x rough cotton ex army blankets and a candlewick bed spread. The bedroom had a fireplace but that was only ever lit if I was ill and the doctor had to be called to visit. On freezing nights dad used to put his army Greatcoat on top of me.
No hot water bottles, no electric blanket but did have hand-me-down pyjamas.
Now, it's in bed, naked, at least half an hour after Izzy has turned the electric blanket off and in the mornings it's grumbles about me thrashing about and throwing the duvet off.
As for the central heating thermostat that's up and down more often than Zebedee.

As a nipper I slept in a bed with a sheet, 2x rough cotton ex army blankets and a candlewick bed spread. The bedroom had a fireplace but that was only ever lit if I was ill and the doctor had to be called to visit. On freezing nights dad used to put his army Greatcoat on top of me.
Now, it's in bed, naked, at least half an hour after Izzy has turned the electric blanket off and in the mornings it's grumbles about me thrashing about and throwing the duvet off.
As for the central heating thermostat that's up and down more often than Zebedee.
Ah but did you have frost on the inside of your bedroom windows?

Set it at 21c and lock it,you can buy anti fiddle ones to stop little fingers,IE wifes.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back