Holiday Yorkshire Dales in 9m RV

• Thread starter Deleted member 53037
  • Start date

Deleted member 53037

Hi all, thinking of going for a week up in the Yorkshire dales April. We have a 9 meter RV so where is the best place to park up and use the scooter?

Maybe give the Station Inn at Ribblehead a ring . Havent been for a few years but good beer and food I recall. I think there was a thread on here recently regarding new owners ?

Join the C&CC, there are lots of THS in Yorkshire (and Derbyshire) in nice locations in April.

Join the C&CC, there are lots of THS in Yorkshire (and Derbyshire) in nice locations in April.

Thought the C&CC had a length restriction of 8m same as C&MC. We went to a site near Cromer and we had to squeeze through and we are 7.5m

The Yorkshire dales is also massive. Maybe you need to be more specific. If your coming up here as far as Richmond and up into the upper dales once you get beyond Reeth some of the roads might be a challenge. We use a scooter so as you rightly say you need a Base where you can tour on the bike from. I would find a site or a CL around Richmond or Reeth and tour from there if you decide to come this far up.

Thought the C&CC had a length restriction of 8m same as C&MC. We went to a site near Cromer and we had to squeeze through and we are 7.5m

Never had any bother with our van and it's 8.2 metres (plus the towbar).

In this case I was referring to THS which are not so regimented and are often in huge fields that you could lose a 9m RV in. :giggle:

Is that just certain sites? Charlie was often on CMC site in his Hymer and that was 8.5 mtrs I think. I know about a metre longer than mine at 7.8

Hi all, thinking of going for a week up in the Yorkshire dales April. We have a 9 meter RV so where is the best place to park up and use the scooter?
Texas...?
You could try asking at some of the pubs.. They might welcome your custom.
Have fun and adventures.
That's what it's all about.

Texas...?
You could try asking at some of the pubs.. They might welcome your custom.
Have fun and adventures.
That's what it's all about.
Your all heart Paul!!
Get the champagne chilled, I've got my special champagne corkscrew polished and ready for action.
See ya termorra

Never had any bother with our van and it's 8.2 metres (plus the towbar).

In this case I was referring to THS which are not so regimented and are often in huge fields that you could lose a 9m RV in. :giggle:

C&MC say you need to phone the site and ask if they can fit you in if over 8.0m The one we went to just outside Cromer ( West Runton ) has a narrow access road with overhanging branches so at 3m high and 7.5m long we were a bit on the big side for the narrow lane. Good job we didn't meet anyone coming the other way.

Good luck with the narrow lanes. Might be worth a trip with google first ..

hero_sc_14773073899089_938793_01.jpg

Yes even the "B classified" roads can be narrow in places! So as in the previous post beware !
As the OP posts Parkup and use the scooter !
@ 9m some of the small bridges with bends may be impossible x2...Rear end swinging out...too easy to get wrong ! and Grounding !

Thank you all for your responses. Keep them coming. We are members of both the c&mc but their prices are getting a bit much, will look at Cl sites, any recommendations on them with hard standing?

Avoid Stonesdale Lane (from the B6270) towards or from the Tan Hill Inn, it has one of the tightest, scariest hairpin bends in the country. You can stay at the Inn for £5 per night but it is best approached from Reeth.

As previously said you need to narrow it down a bit, the " Yorkshire Dales " is a huge area.

Ring John at Hawes cattle market 01969 667207. if you like the sound of the countryside etc.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back