Hi there folks

• Thread starter Deleted member 89882
  • Start date

Deleted member 89882

Just joined up because we're planning some wild camping around the Lizard Peninsula in a Duetto, hopefully in May. I'm having trouble with the POI download into Google Earth. Seems very flaky and not working properly. Is anyone else having trouble, i.e. is it it me or the system?

Hello and welcome from Kent, Someone will be along shortly to explain better than I can about the POI.

Hi ya, Welcome to The Wild side, Lovely part of the would that, I went Anti clockwise using the ‘A’ roads as arteries then nudgeing towards the Nooks & Crannies that took my fancy. I’ve had no problems with the POIs as yet. But there’s going to be one of the gang along in a bit that might check things ‘Forum Wise’ to make sure.
Enjoy

Hi welcome from Co Antrim, google never try duckduck go if you want to be secure. (y)

Hi welcome along from Scotland enjoy your adventures when allowed 👋 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Hello and welcome from Glasgow . Hope you get sorted with POI thing.

Thanks for the welcome folks. We're looking forward to the adventure and hoping May could be possible, though certain places and facilities might still not be open as normal. We're newbies and we're not young, but there is more to holidaying/adventuring than an all-inclusive 5 star hotel on the Red Sea! I'm thinking and hoping there's a nice fraternity of friendly and slightly zany camper folk out there to meet along the way. Incidentally I've found a way of making the POI work in Google Earth which is quite simple. Don't apply the .kml until you've expanded the map sufficiently for the area you're interested in, i.e. untick it on the left hand side. Then when the map is sufficiently expanded tick it and all the places come up. If I don't do it this way it seems to get it's knickers in a twist.

So I said to Vanessa, I've been thinking of all the things we're going to need to take and it really mounts up. Like what she said. Can't you think of much yourself, I asked. She said clothes, smellies, teabags and milk - sorted. What a laugh.

Hello and welcome aboard both.

You've joined the right place for likeminded (but friendly!) nutters. :LOL: :cool:

Plus lots of expertise and helpful advice as well... 😉 (y)

Hi there Nesting Zombie, I don't know how long ago you visited but did you get to Church Cove near Lizard Village? There's a sneaky CR POI park up indicated and I wonder if you tried it.

Hi myvanwy, 'bit in the middle'. Should I ask?

Hi there Nesting Zombie, I don't know how long ago you visited but did you get to Church Cove near Lizard Village? There's a sneaky CR POI park up indicated and I wonder if you tried it.

Hi myvanwy, 'bit in the middle'. Should I ask?
Midlands. (y)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back