Hi folks, hubby and I are fancying a trip to Wales, after going to the MH show in Malvern.

Mo and John C

Free Member
Fancying the Gower Peninsula, as I have never been, (he has, because he's been everywhere) wondered if anyone can recommend any wild camping places along the coast? Cheers in advance. Mo and John

Sorry to be negative but you can basically forget about Wilding along the South and West Wales coast. You may be lucky using the POIs on here or WEBSITE BLOCKED BY ADMIN but it will be chancey. The nearest to Gower is Kidwelly Quay which is a lovely spot and officially sanctioned.
Early October is good for the Gower as the crowds will have dispersed. We prefer the North Coast- whiteford sands- but to stay over you will need to use CLs or CSs. There are some pleasant ones in the area.
If you really want to 'wild ' then go to Powys. Most council car parks allow one night in seven- I recommend brecon promenade- and there are other quiet spots in deepest darkest Powys.
Also there are some UK style Aires popping up, typically at sports clubs eg: Llandovery rugby club, st Ishmaels, st davids and laurenny.
Hope this helps.

Sorry to be negative but you can basically forget about Wilding along the South and West Wales coast. You may be lucky using the POIs on here or WEBSITE BLOCKED BY ADMIN but it will be chancey. The nearest to Gower is Kidwelly Quay which is a lovely spot and officially sanctioned.
Early October is good for the Gower as the crowds will have dispersed. We prefer the North Coast- whiteford sands- but to stay over you will need to use CLs or CSs. There are some pleasant ones in the area.
If you really want to 'wild ' then go to Powys. Most council car parks allow one night in seven- I recommend brecon promenade- and there are other quiet spots in deepest darkest Powys.
Also there are some UK style Aires popping up, typically at sports clubs eg: Llandovery rugby club, st Ishmaels, st davids and laurenny.
Hope this helps.
Thanks for that. Very comprehensive reply. Much appreciated. Happy Camping!

Fancying the Gower Peninsula, as I have never been, (he has, because he's been everywhere) wondered if anyone can recommend any wild camping places along the coast? Cheers in advance. Mo and John
I can recommend a location at Wernffrwd. You'll find it in the Location app. I have used this regularly without any issue.

When ever I go touring I look on Google earth and chose suitable stops. Note the Co-ords and have some spares in case and hardly ever fails .

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back