Hi - another Newbie here

Debdancer1

Free Member
Hi all - Picking our van up on Thursday hopefully. Buying a Bongo called Betty ( I know proably a bit cliche) but this is all new to us, so starting off small and easy i hope to test our wild legs. Husband not sure how easy it is to go wild, so hoping to prove him wrong!! Any tips greatly appreciated.

Hi Deb and welcome. So many parallels with us. We've just got our first camper called Doris (a Greek goddess apparently) and plan to start wilding in Cornwall from May 9th. Vanessa seems sure that going wild in Cornwall is easily done. I agree but I'm a bit sceptical about the overnight camping part.

Have a couple of nights on the drive. You can do this now without waiting for the roadmap to progress.
That way if you've forgotten something you can just pop and get it. Likewise if you can't work something just ask on here the next day.

If you don't have a drive go somewhere local within a taxi ride home.

Then the word is yours (subject to BJ approval).

Last edited:
Hi and welcome from Portugal, soon Suffolk. Good idea to go close to home when vehicle is new to you....nearly always something forgotten or not clear how it works. Lots of help and sharing of knowledge available on here.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back