Hi All.

Wiley198

Free Member
Not only am I a total newbie to Wild Camping...I am a total newbie to wild camping and a total newbie to camper vans (just had one converted by Kahuna Campers in Wigan - amazing). There is only two of us in our 'team', my son Billy (12yrs old) and me (Ian 51yrs old). Sadly, my wife passed away in 2016 leaving us to move forward in life without her. I will not lie...it has been really tough at times. But we have managed to get to this point in our lives and now (after much deliberation) with a camper van we hope to start really living again and making the most of what time we have together before Billy runs off to Uni, or whatever life has in store for him.

With this in mind, we have joined Wild Camping in the hopes the more experienced in here (if you have slept overnight in a camper van you are more experienced than us) could help us make the most of the ventures we undertake. So to begin with...I have the app on my phone. And that's it. I have no idea what to do with it. I have had a roam around it and tried figuring out what it does...how to use it...why I need it etc...but fell flat on my face. Newbie remember.

Help. Please.

Many thanks

Ian

Reactions: R0B
Hello Ian from another dad/lad combo! Hope you both enjoy your new van. Becoming a full member on here gives you full access to the POI map, & the other 2 sites, motorhomer & motorhomebuilder. Worth joining for the many discounts etc you qualify for as a full member. Any ideas where you fancy starting off from? We go to the east coast/ North yorks moors quite often & find all sorts of places to park overnight. Get out there & enjoy yourselves, it'll all become obvious the more you do...👍😉

Hi, welcome. 👋 👋

I can only echo Greggbear....so many benefits to being a full member.

Enjoy your new lifestyle,

Hi both. And thanks.

I just signed up for full membership. Bit confused as the email I got said £14.95/yr but when I clicked the link it was £19.95?

But I have signed up anyway. Will I have instant access now?

What do I do?

hello and welcome from n. yorks.........have many happy days in your camper.............bit daunting first few times out.......get confidence then its GREAT............

Hi both. And thanks.

I just signed up for full membership. Bit confused as the email I got said £14.95/yr but when I clicked the link it was £19.95?

But I have signed up anyway. Will I have instant access now?

What do I do?
When you access the POI maps as a full member, I believe you'll get a code to put in which will let you see all the info on the map. There's a table somewhere telling you what the different codes mean & you can alter the map view to satellite view etc. Have fun & find somewhere local to start with, just visit the pois in your car & have a look at a few....

Thanks. I was originally given a code to start off with as a free member. Still waiting for anything additional now I have paid.

Screenshot_20191106-184000.jpg

hopefully someone may come along who can help............if not ...at the bottom of the HOME page.......is Contact us......click on that..........and that will get you thru to Admin.....geeky philip........hope this helps

Last edited:
I think i would delete the app then download again.It's also worth reading the poi help section in the forums.

Hi and welcome :)

When you're ready to take a look at motorhomercom and motorhomebuilder.com, just log on to each one with the same email address you used to register here. Then, after a while, the system will recognize you and automatically make you a full member on all 3 sites. Hope you enjoy the forums and your new camper.

I just installed the 3.3 version of the app on my Android phone to see what had to be done. If you click on the big W in the app, you'll have an option to register the device. Go to this page on the forum - https://wildcamping.co.uk/poidownloads.php - and it will give you the code you need to register. Once that's done, it'll ask you if you want to check for POI updates. Say yes and download the POI files. Then, in the app, click on the little man with the flag and choose the POI sets you want to see on the map. Hope it works for you (y)

Hiya. And thanks. I have honestly done all of the above...and have now managed to get the screen back and registered.

I have set the poi BUT getting no poi showing on the maps.

Oh dear :( I'm gonna have to leave it to the expert then! I'm sure Admin will respond to your contact 'ticket' soon. Meanwhile, maybe have a look at the online map instead - just for now.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back